绿色圃中小学教育网

标题: 初中英语学生习作选 [打印本页]

作者: lspjy    时间: 2008-11-2 05:37
标题: 初中英语学生习作选
Being a volunteer is great!

山东省邹平县魏桥实验学校九年级一班  俎燕

How time flies! Three years has passed since the last Olympic Games in 2004. The most exciting time for Chinese is coming, because the 2008 Olympic Games will be held in Beijing. It shows that our country is becoming stronger and stronger, and it will attract a number of foreigners to our country. It is not only a chance to show the great changes in China to the world, but also a great challenge for our country.

Everyone in China is trying his best to get ready for the most important event in the near future. Look, there is an old man who is listening to the radio. Believe it or not, he is learning English instead of listening to his favorite play. As a student in a middle school, what should we do before the Olympic Games? The answer is: “Being a volunteer is great!”

First of all, doing something useful to keep our environment clean is necessary. We can help the cleaners clean up the streets, parks,rivers and so on. We can also tell the little children to throw rubbish into the dustbin.

Second, we must follow the traffic rules. Wait till the traffic lights turn green. Don’t jump the line when waiting for buses.

Third, we should learn to be polite and friendly to others. Have you ever offered your seat to a woman with a baby? Have you ever helped an old man carry his heavy bag? And have you ever given a hand to a disabled person? Help those who are in trouble, and our society will become more and more beautiful.

Finally, Learning English well is helpful. China is a great country with an old history and it has a lot of things attracting foreigners. In 2008, we can use English to help people all over the world understand more about China.

The 2008 Olympic Games is the pride of us. If everyone makes his or her contribution, it will be more successful. So get ready and join us!

辅导教师:李忠华

(初三水平)

Spring  

山东省邹平县礼参初级中学  李凤仪

There are four seasons in a year. Which do you think is the best? Do you want to know what I think? I think spring is the best season. Why? Let me tell you.

In spring, the days get warmer and warmer, the sky is blue, the air is clean, the trees and grass turn green, and all kinds of flowers are beautiful. There are so many beautiful things.

In spring, I can store my winter's clothes in the bag under my bed and put on the sweater or other spring's clothes. They're colorful and trendy. I can do enough outdoor activities, like flying kites.

In spring, I like going out for a walk when it rains. I think it's a wonderful thing. The rain washes away the drought of winter and brings in nice and wet air.

Spring is the most beautiful and the most wonderful season. I love everything that the spring brings. When you finish reading this passage, I hope you will love spring, too.

辅导教师:刘玉民

(初二水平)

Surfing the Internet

山东省邹平县礼参初级中学  刘永彬

More and more people like to surf the Internet now. Do you like to surf the Internet? I think you may say “Yes, of course”. My answer is the same as yours. Surfing the Internet is one of the most important activities today. We can get plenty of information from the Internet. We also can learn on the Internet. Some people say the world is smaller than before because of computers.

What is going on in other countries? How do people live in places far away? Is there a good sport game? What is life in the deepest part of the sea?

If you want to know the answers to these questions, just turn on the computer and surf the Internet. You can know more and learn more about life, science and so on. Of course, there are many other ways of learning. But with the computer you can learn better and get more information easily. However, as a student, I should not spend too much time in surfing the Internet every day. There is also something bad on the Internet. Therefore, it is important for us to tell the good things and bad things when we surf the Internet.

指导教师:高新辉

A Letter

山东省邹平县礼参初级中学  李梦莹

Dear Mary,

Glad to hear from you. I heard that you have many problems in learning Chinese. Don't worry. Here is some advice for you.

First, you'd better listen to the tape and radio programs in Chinese to improve your listening ability. Also you can watch the Chinese TV programs, videos or films. I think they are helpful, too.

Second, reading loudly in the morning is good for your spoken Chinese. But I think it is of great help to talk to Chinese people. I am sure the more you practise listening and speaking, the better you will do in them.

I hope you will make big progress in your Chinese study. Good luck!

Yours,

Li Mengying

作者: lspjy    时间: 2008-11-2 05:38

ThethingthatI'llneverforget

山东省日照市岚山区高兴中学八年级一班 丁颖

How time flies! I'm fifteen years now. During the long time, there was one thing that I will never forget.

The Spring Festival is our traditional festival. During the Spring Festival, people usually visit their friends and relatives. When I was 9 years old, my family took the bus to my grandparents' to say “Happy New Year” to them.

In the bus, I had a good seat. At 7:30, the bus came to a village. A woman got on with a baby in her arms. At that time, there was no seat. But she must look after her baby carefully. She had to stand next to me. I wanted to stand up and let her sit down, but I was afraid of hearing the other people say“That girl want to be praised.”I looked around. Most people were looking out of the windows and some were sleeping. Suddenly, a little boy behind me, stood up and made room for the woman. She said “Thank you very much” with a big smile. The boy smiled, too. When I told my cousin about it after that, he said “The child is the father of a man.” I'm very ashamed. Why could't I do the same thing as the little boy did?

From that I learn that we should do our best to help people who need help. If everyone makes a contribution to helping others, the world will become much more beautiful!

指导教师:郑世云

MyexperienceoflearningEnglish

广东省深圳市宝安区新安中学 初三(6)班 何思思

When I was at primary school, I was not interested in English at all. At that time, my English was very poor. When I became a middle school student, my mother got back from Australia. She asked me to watch English movies and TV programs, listen to English songs and practise speaking English with her.

Now, I do one unit of the reading exercises in Pep Up Your English by the People's Education Press every day. Although I have just graduated from junior middle school, I have finished the books for Senior One students and now I am working on the books for Senior Two. The reading materials are quite new and cover a lot of fields, so I like the set of books very much. I think the books have helped me to improve my reading comprehesion a lot. Thanks to Pep Up Your English, I got the standard score 807 in English in the first model examination of Baoan District and A+ in the Shenzhen Senior High School Entrance examination.

I had some problems while I was learning English. I was good at spoken English, but poor in written English. I used to make mistakes in spelling. Then, I learned seven words by heart every day by going over them five times within a day——early in the morning, after lunch, after school, after dinner, before going to bed. As a result, I don't often make mistakes now. Besides, my grammar was poor, so when I had time, I would read my grammar book now and then. Although it was boring to me, after thinking of the goodness it would bring, I didn't feel bored any longer.

指导老师:汤 颖

MyFavoriteSubject

江苏省苏州立达中学 肖炜

We students all have our favorite subject. Some like Chinese, others like physics, still others like chemistry, but my favorite subject is maths.

Maths is a subject that develops our thoughts..There's a say-ing in Maths called "all roads lead up to Rome. " One Maths problem may have many ways of solving it. Those ways are just like paths through the mountains. Some are straight and short. That is to say they are easy to get the right answer. And others are long and curving like snakes. They are very difficult to under-stand. If you could find the straight and short ones you can get to your goal in no time. Otherwise, you may get lost in the moun-tains.

Another reason I like maths is that I think maths is fun. Some of you may disagree with me. You may say, "Are you nuts? I don't think maths is fun at all. It's nothing but a subject with numbers that drive people crazy. "That may be true. But if you look at maths in another way, then you may change your mind. Just think of every maths problem as a piece of ancient artwork done by Picasso! When you are working on the problem, it's just like trying to understand what that piece of artwork means. Isn't it fun when you can understand it while others cannot? Even if you cannot understand it for now, when you are thinking hard on something, then it's fun too, at least to me. Do you know how much I like maths? I usually spend all my free time working on maths problems. I think it's a good way of killing time and enter-taining yourself.

The last but not the least reason for my interest in maths is that it is a good way of practicing my problem-solving skills. In real life, everyone meets with problems every day. Every society has its problems too, for example, the environment problem in China today. I think one of the purpose of school education is to help its students to develop their problem-solving abilities. Learn-ing maths is really an excellent way.

So that's why my favorite subject is maths. When you are free, I suggest you try maths too, because you may like it too.

点评:

Though it is not easy to give a very precise definition to what style is, and more difficult to decide which style of language is the best for a certain topic of writing, from this passage that a free style like this does convey the writer's idea to others. Readers are very easy to agree with the writer.

指导教师:袁振江

MyFavoriteSubject

江苏省苏州立达中学 肖炜

We students all have our favorite subject. Some like Chinese, others like physics, still others like chemistry, but my favorite subject is maths.

Maths is a subject that develops our thoughts..There's a say-ing in Maths called "all roads lead up to Rome. " One Maths problem may have many ways of solving it. Those ways are just like paths through the mountains. Some are straight and short. That is to say they are easy to get the right answer. And others are long and curving like snakes. They are very difficult to under-stand. If you could find the straight and short ones you can get to your goal in no time. Otherwise, you may get lost in the moun-tains.

Another reason I like maths is that I think maths is fun. Some of you may disagree with me. You may say, "Are you nuts? I don't think maths is fun at all. It's nothing but a subject with numbers that drive people crazy. "That may be true. But if you look at maths in another way, then you may change your mind. Just think of every maths problem as a piece of ancient artwork done by Picasso! When you are working on the problem, it's just like trying to understand what that piece of artwork means. Isn't it fun when you can understand it while others cannot? Even if you cannot understand it for now, when you are thinking hard on something, then it's fun too, at least to me. Do you know how much I like maths? I usually spend all my free time working on maths problems. I think it's a good way of killing time and enter-taining yourself.

The last but not the least reason for my interest in maths is that it is a good way of practicing my problem-solving skills. In real life, everyone meets with problems every day. Every society has its problems too, for example, the environment problem in China today. I think one of the purpose of school education is to help its students to develop their problem-solving abilities. Learn-ing maths is really an excellent way.

So that's why my favorite subject is maths. When you are free, I suggest you try maths too, because you may like it too.

点评:

Though it is not easy to give a very precise definition to what style is, and more difficult to decide which style of language is the best for a certain topic of writing, from this passage that a free style like this does convey the writer's idea to others. Readers are very easy to agree with the writer.

作者: lspjy    时间: 2008-11-2 05:39

AHappyDayofMine

重庆市育才中学初中三年级 蒋屹

I'm a football fan. I will remember July the thirteenth forev-er. I was very happy that day.

That day, the final of the '98 World Cup soccer game was held in Saint-Denis Field in France. This game was between two strong teams: France and Brazil. I like European teams, so I sup-ported France.

The match began. I was glad to see that France had a lot of good chances to get the goal. But France didn't get any goal until the 26th minute in this match. At that time, France got a corner kick on the right. Petit kicked out the ball. Then the number Ten of France, Zidane, headed the ball into the goal! Great! How hap-py the fans of France in Saint-Denis Field were! I was happy, too. I jumped up, and sang "01e,01e,We are the champ" with my friends.

When the first half was nearly over, France got another cor-ner kick on the left. Djorkaef kicked it out. The ball went in front of the goal. Oh! Good header! Zidane headed a goal again!

In the second half, France still played well, but their for-wards were not good enough, and some chances were wasted by them. Then, the defender of France, Desailly got a red card and was sent out. I began to worry about France. But France defended as well as before. The match was nearly over. Just then, Dugarry, Viera and Petit made a high-speed counter-attack. Petit kicked the third goal for France! The president of France was so glad that he stood up, putting up his hands and shouting happily. You may not know how happy I was at that time. All of my friends and I thought that Zidane was the hero of France in this match.

When Deschamps, the captain of France- held up the golden world cup, the fans of France in Saint-Denis Field broke into deafening cheers.

The nicest thing for a football fan is to see the team which he supports get the world cup. You know, I'm a football fan. I like French football team. I enjoyed that match and I enjoyed July the thirteenth of 1998, because France got the world cup. That was really a happy day of mine.

指导教师:邓渝滨

AHappyDayofMine

重庆市育才中学初中三年级 蒋屹

I'm a football fan. I will remember July the thirteenth forev-er. I was very happy that day.

That day, the final of the '98 World Cup soccer game was held in Saint-Denis Field in France. This game was between two strong teams: France and Brazil. I like European teams, so I sup-ported France.

The match began. I was glad to see that France had a lot of good chances to get the goal. But France didn't get any goal until the 26th minute in this match. At that time, France got a corner kick on the right. Petit kicked out the ball. Then the number Ten of France, Zidane, headed the ball into the goal! Great! How hap-py the fans of France in Saint-Denis Field were! I was happy, too. I jumped up, and sang "01e,01e,We are the champ" with my friends.

When the first half was nearly over, France got another cor-ner kick on the left. Djorkaef kicked it out. The ball went in front of the goal. Oh! Good header! Zidane headed a goal again!

In the second half, France still played well, but their for-wards were not good enough, and some chances were wasted by them. Then, the defender of France, Desailly got a red card and was sent out. I began to worry about France. But France defended as well as before. The match was nearly over. Just then, Dugarry, Viera and Petit made a high-speed counter-attack. Petit kicked the third goal for France! The president of France was so glad that he stood up, putting up his hands and shouting happily. You may not know how happy I was at that time. All of my friends and I thought that Zidane was the hero of France in this match.

When Deschamps, the captain of France- held up the golden world cup, the fans of France in Saint-Denis Field broke into deafening cheers.

The nicest thing for a football fan is to see the team which he supports get the world cup. You know, I'm a football fan. I like French football team. I enjoyed that match and I enjoyed July the thirteenth of 1998, because France got the world cup. That was really a happy day of mine.

指导教师:邓渝滨

AnInterestingLesson

浙江省衢州市第二中学初中 伍海伦

I could never forget my first composition lesson at middle school. It was full of excitement.

My Chinese teacher walked into the classroom one morning, and instead of taking out some books, she only held an egg in her right hand.

With a big smile on her face, she looked into our surprised eyes and walked up to her desk. She put down the egg, and it rolled on the desk.

She looked at us with teasing eyes and asked, "What are we going to do with this, class? Guess!"! looked at the egg, and scratched my head. "What are we doing with a funny egg? Eat it? Not me, I don't like to eat eggs. " I told myself.

"Helen, what do you think we are going to do?" The teacher asked me.

"Er…" , I suppose you will give the egg to a classmate to eat." "No, I'm going to challenge you to stand the egg up on its tip. Now, who wants the first try?"

To stand the egg up on its tip? How?

A big boy had the first try. He carefully picked the egg up and stood it up on the desk. But as soon as he took his fingers off the egg, it fell down and tumbled around. He tried some more times, but each time the egg came rolling down. He went back to his seat, looking rather distressed.

"Never mind, who wants another try?" The teacher asked. "I will." said Joe, a boy who was often full of tricks. As he went up to the teacher's desk, he took out a tube of paper glue from his pocket, and started to stick the egg to the desk. Several classmates giggled, but we watched with interest. Unfortunately, the paper glue was not useful, and the egg rolled like a tumbler as if it was laughing, and it couldn't help tumbling back and forth. We burst into laughter. The boy made a face at the egg, and had to give up.

"I say, why don't girls have a try? It seems quite interest-ing. "

"OK, I'll have a try. " Oh, it was my-friend, Elizabeth, a very clever girl.

She examined the egg from "head "to "foot", and smelled it. Suddenly, she seized the tiny pointing end of the egg and PRESSED it against the desk. With a crisp little sound, the egg husk of the tiny end cracked a little, but the egg—stood right up! We all opened our mouths with astonishment, unbelieving our ?eyes. What a sight it was—an egg, standing up firmly on its tip! We began to clap our hands loudly.

"Congratulations to you! What a nice job you have done!' Would you tell us how you stood the egg up? "The teacher was mightily pleased. "Yes, yes, tell us please!" We all demanded.

"Oh, that's easy, I found the egg was boiled, so when I pressed it against the desk, it didn't break and let the egg white and yolk flow out. In fact, the egg did crack a little, but that didn't matter, after all, it stood. "

"Thank you! That was a fine explanation! Now attention, everyone. Would you like to write down this experience as today's composition?" So we did, and wrote excellent papers.

What an interesting lesson it was!

指导教师:何文伟

AnInterestingLesson

浙江省衢州市第二中学初中 伍海伦

I could never forget my first composition lesson at middle school. It was full of excitement.

My Chinese teacher walked into the classroom one morning, and instead of taking out some books, she only held an egg in her right hand.

With a big smile on her face, she looked into our surprised eyes and walked up to her desk. She put down the egg, and it rolled on the desk.

She looked at us with teasing eyes and asked, "What are we going to do with this, class? Guess!"! looked at the egg, and scratched my head. "What are we doing with a funny egg? Eat it? Not me, I don't like to eat eggs. " I told myself.

"Helen, what do you think we are going to do?" The teacher asked me.

"Er…" , I suppose you will give the egg to a classmate to eat." "No, I'm going to challenge you to stand the egg up on its tip. Now, who wants the first try?"

To stand the egg up on its tip? How?

A big boy had the first try. He carefully picked the egg up and stood it up on the desk. But as soon as he took his fingers off the egg, it fell down and tumbled around. He tried some more times, but each time the egg came rolling down. He went back to his seat, looking rather distressed.

"Never mind, who wants another try?" The teacher asked. "I will." said Joe, a boy who was often full of tricks. As he went up to the teacher's desk, he took out a tube of paper glue from his pocket, and started to stick the egg to the desk. Several classmates giggled, but we watched with interest. Unfortunately, the paper glue was not useful, and the egg rolled like a tumbler as if it was laughing, and it couldn't help tumbling back and forth. We burst into laughter. The boy made a face at the egg, and had to give up.

"I say, why don't girls have a try? It seems quite interest-ing. "

"OK, I'll have a try. " Oh, it was my-friend, Elizabeth, a very clever girl.

She examined the egg from "head "to "foot", and smelled it. Suddenly, she seized the tiny pointing end of the egg and PRESSED it against the desk. With a crisp little sound, the egg husk of the tiny end cracked a little, but the egg—stood right up! We all opened our mouths with astonishment, unbelieving our ?eyes. What a sight it was—an egg, standing up firmly on its tip! We began to clap our hands loudly.

"Congratulations to you! What a nice job you have done!' Would you tell us how you stood the egg up? "The teacher was mightily pleased. "Yes, yes, tell us please!" We all demanded.

"Oh, that's easy, I found the egg was boiled, so when I pressed it against the desk, it didn't break and let the egg white and yolk flow out. In fact, the egg did crack a little, but that didn't matter, after all, it stood. "

"Thank you! That was a fine explanation! Now attention, everyone. Would you like to write down this experience as today's composition?" So we did, and wrote excellent papers.

What an interesting lesson it was!

指导教师:何文伟

作者: lspjy    时间: 2008-11-7 07:41
AnimalsAreOurFriends

湖南长沙市第十九中学初中二年级 易晓欧

Now, let's imagine two pictures. One is a square of grass, with a little girl and a little pigeon on it. The sun is shining on them. They are playing together happily. The pigeon is flying around the girl. They are really having a good time. Then let's have a look at a picture in Australia. A family of kangaroo are jumping on savanna. Suddenly, one of the greedy hunters on the savanna shot a kangaroo. At that time, it fell down to the ground immediately. How terrible this is! It's too tragic! So I think that, as human beings, we have done so much destruction to animals. If you walk on a street of a city, from the windows of shops on both sides of the street, you can see that a lot of animal fur has been made into clothes for us to wear. To expand our space of living, we cut down a lot of rain forests in order to get more fertile farm-land. But this has caused a great number of animals lose their lives, many of them have no place to live in, no place to look for food. Thirdly, let's have a look at what's on our tables. We eat a lot of animals, you know, they are delicious. This is too tragic' We eat them just for the purpose of filling up our own stomach. Fourthly, I think that protecting animals is what we should do at the moment. This has made our food chain unbalanced. We kill these animals to make more money for our own benefits. This is all wrong! This is a wrong idea!

Many people nowadays desire to have a more peaceful world in which man and animals are friends. Having this dream, we should make a good effort to make this dream come true; we should educate people and let them realize that protecting animals and becoming animals' friends is a very good idea; we should im-prove our law because law controls one's action, so that less peo-ple will kill animals. As middle school students, we should try to influence the others. Let us all take a right attitude towards pro-tecting animals. I'm sure that in the future, in the square men-tioned above, there will be more children and grown-ups playing there, more lovely pigeons flying around them. Oh, I hope, I wish our world would be as happy as that!

点评:

The writer of this speech note is a little girl of Grade Two. It's not easy for her to give this speech after a preparation of twenty minutes. Using very simple language, she, who loves ani-mals and wants to help them, manages to make her opinion quite plain. The two pictures she imagines have printed in our minds, which make us aware of what we have done and what we should do to animals. In all it is a good speech note.

指导教师:刘文丽

AnimalsAreOurFriends

湖南长沙市第十九中学初中二年级 易晓欧

Now, let's imagine two pictures. One is a square of grass, with a little girl and a little pigeon on it. The sun is shining on them. They are playing together happily. The pigeon is flying around the girl. They are really having a good time. Then let's have a look at a picture in Australia. A family of kangaroo are jumping on savanna. Suddenly, one of the greedy hunters on the savanna shot a kangaroo. At that time, it fell down to the ground immediately. How terrible this is! It's too tragic! So I think that, as human beings, we have done so much destruction to animals. If you walk on a street of a city, from the windows of shops on both sides of the street, you can see that a lot of animal fur has been made into clothes for us to wear. To expand our space of living, we cut down a lot of rain forests in order to get more fertile farm-land. But this has caused a great number of animals lose their lives, many of them have no place to live in, no place to look for food. Thirdly, let's have a look at what's on our tables. We eat a lot of animals, you know, they are delicious. This is too tragic' We eat them just for the purpose of filling up our own stomach. Fourthly, I think that protecting animals is what we should do at the moment. This has made our food chain unbalanced. We kill these animals to make more money for our own benefits. This is all wrong! This is a wrong idea!

Many people nowadays desire to have a more peaceful world in which man and animals are friends. Having this dream, we should make a good effort to make this dream come true; we should educate people and let them realize that protecting animals and becoming animals' friends is a very good idea; we should im-prove our law because law controls one's action, so that less peo-ple will kill animals. As middle school students, we should try to influence the others. Let us all take a right attitude towards pro-tecting animals. I'm sure that in the future, in the square men-tioned above, there will be more children and grown-ups playing there, more lovely pigeons flying around them. Oh, I hope, I wish our world would be as happy as that!

点评:

The writer of this speech note is a little girl of Grade Two. It's not easy for her to give this speech after a preparation of twenty minutes. Using very simple language, she, who loves ani-mals and wants to help them, manages to make her opinion quite plain. The two pictures she imagines have printed in our minds, which make us aware of what we have done and what we should do to animals. In all it is a good speech note.

ComputerGames

陕西西安市石油仪器总厂子弟中学初中 冀承

There's a famous saying, "Everything has two sides, the ad-vantages and disadvantages. " Computer games are no exception. In its development computer games have brought both advantages and disadvantages.

Now, here's an example: A racecar game—— Need For Speed III is absolutely a fantastic game. Imagine this: You sit in-front of the screen with wheels in your hands and eyes fixed on the screen. You can feel the powerful roaring of the 3600ml en-gine from Porsche 911 Turbo as you drive up to 290km/h without any real danger. You can also hear the wheels screaming as a sharp turn was being made. And if you have a 3Dfx card you can really feel what is realistic. The road, the raindrops, the snowflakes and other racecars seem as real, which give us a great pleasure and satisfaction. Apart from it, they can train us to re-spond to things quickly. Moreover, computer games can stimulate our imagination and interest in electronics and computer sciences.

On the other hand, computer games also have its disadvan-tages. First, it is harmful to our eyes and health, which is one of the most serious disadvantages about computer games. And sec-ondly, we are still middle school students, playing games is not our destination. If we play games too much, we may forget those things that we should do, because we lack the ability to control ourselves. Also, games cost a lot of money, especially for us who do not have a regular income.

So, what attitude shall we hold towards computer games? Of course, we can not kill games, nor could we stop them from devel-oping, because they are required by all kinds of people. After all, playing games is a primitive type of using computer, as many of my classmates do. And I think we should not stick to them, and if you don't have the ability to control yourself, you'd better keep away from it before you really stick to it.

点评:

Needless to say, the author is a computer games fan with a lot of experiences of the games, and has obtained real pleasure from them. Meanwhile, he must be a boy with self-confidence as he knows well how to control himself and plays the games in a clever way. This essay, by using the contrast of advantages and disadvantages in playing games, expresses clearly the author's opinion about the computer games. Besides, the writing is well focused and properly organized. So I'm sure he is also an English lover.

指导教师:马振铎

作者: lspjy    时间: 2008-11-7 07:42

ComputerGames

陕西西安市石油仪器总厂子弟中学初中 冀承

There's a famous saying, "Everything has two sides, the ad-vantages and disadvantages. " Computer games are no exception. In its development computer games have brought both advantages and disadvantages.

Now, here's an example: A racecar game—— Need For Speed III is absolutely a fantastic game. Imagine this: You sit in-front of the screen with wheels in your hands and eyes fixed on the screen. You can feel the powerful roaring of the 3600ml en-gine from Porsche 911 Turbo as you drive up to 290km/h without any real danger. You can also hear the wheels screaming as a sharp turn was being made. And if you have a 3Dfx card you can really feel what is realistic. The road, the raindrops, the snowflakes and other racecars seem as real, which give us a great pleasure and satisfaction. Apart from it, they can train us to re-spond to things quickly. Moreover, computer games can stimulate our imagination and interest in electronics and computer sciences.

On the other hand, computer games also have its disadvan-tages. First, it is harmful to our eyes and health, which is one of the most serious disadvantages about computer games. And sec-ondly, we are still middle school students, playing games is not our destination. If we play games too much, we may forget those things that we should do, because we lack the ability to control ourselves. Also, games cost a lot of money, especially for us who do not have a regular income.

So, what attitude shall we hold towards computer games? Of course, we can not kill games, nor could we stop them from devel-oping, because they are required by all kinds of people. After all, playing games is a primitive type of using computer, as many of my classmates do. And I think we should not stick to them, and if you don't have the ability to control yourself, you'd better keep away from it before you really stick to it.

点评:

Needless to say, the author is a computer games fan with a lot of experiences of the games, and has obtained real pleasure from them. Meanwhile, he must be a boy with self-confidence as he knows well how to control himself and plays the games in a clever way. This essay, by using the contrast of advantages and disadvantages in playing games, expresses clearly the author's opinion about the computer games. Besides, the writing is well focused and properly organized. So I'm sure he is also an English lover.

指导教师:马振铎

DoWeHavetoSendChristmasCardstoOneAnother?

上海外国语学校初中三年级 陈思萱

Christmas cards are destroying forests. Christmas cards are killing human beings. Christmas cards are ruining the world we live in. When you open your post-box and take out many nice Christmas cards, have you ever thought of their cost? Not in term of money, but in terms of environmental destruction. When you're happily reading the cards, perhaps you are totally unaware that a great many trees have been cut down to make Christmas cards.

Now we don't have to send Christmas cards. It's not vital. Moreover, we should send as few cards as possible to save the environment.

Of course, it can't be denied that sending Christmas cards is a very good form of communication. Through cards, we send best wishes to our relatives and friends. But a coin has two sides; ev-erything, including sending Christmas cards, has both a positive and a negative effect. And it seems that what we gain through Christmas cards isn't well worth the price we pay.

We have to cut down so many trees, waste so much paper just for the sake of Christmas cards. No, it isn't worth doing so. Can't we find any other ways to send our wishes to each other? Of course, we can. A telephone call, an E-mail on the Internet, some small presents made by yourself, or just a few words when you meet your friends, that's enough. I dare say that they bring you much joy and happiness, too.

To me, sending Christmas cards is not only a waste of paper and money, but also a waste of time and energy. Don't you feel tired and bored when you have to deal with so many cards, all ba-sically the same, and spend a lot of time on it? Every time I receive a card, what comes into my mind first is not how nice it is, but what I should write on the card returned to him or her! Trying to find so many different wishes is a really difficult job, isn't it? But does a card with only "Happy New Year and Merry Christmas" and your name on it make any sense? Well, I'm tired of sending Christmas cards. Yet, I'm still obliged to do so for the sake of po-liteness.

Dear friends, sending Christmas cards really does harm to the environment, to human beings and to the world. So why not stop doing so? A Christmas card or a better environment and a cheerful state of mood? I will choose the latter one.

Then, let us say goodbye to Christmas cards.

点评:

Interesting exposure of cards’ negative effect on the environ-ment. But it's a little exaggerated. It should be pointed out that “too many” cards are bad for the environment. Also, more alterna-tives should be shown such as the use of recycled paper, or even other non-paper material. Also, many cards are “environmentally friendly”, made from paper from specially grown trees, rather than important forests. It’s more positive, balanced and helpful to show alternatives. If she says people are killed in the introduction, she should prove it.

However, her overall English usage is very good, and her ideas are well structured.

指导教师: Abraham O’ Farrell

点评:

The topic is a question which needs to be answered in the speech. The introduction uses three sentences to tell the readers the bad effect of postcards, one stronger than the other in the sense of emotion. The beginning calls your attention to the envi-ronmental destruction— trees have been cut down. Then she gives answer to the question in the topic clearly: No. She talks about the advantage and then, the disadvantage. It's not worth the price we pay. And we have other good ways for communication. She goes on to talk about her own feelings: a waste of paper, money, time and energy. The conclusion calls for action. This speech is complete in structure. The language is very exact and concise. She uses illustration, persuasion, quotation and repetition. If she had used authority (such as the amount of trees cut to make cards, or the amount of money saved), the speech would have been even better. Her own feelings take a lot of space, which makes it seem to be the most important reason for not sending cards. This is not proper.

DoWeHavetoSendChristmasCardstoOneAnother?

上海外国语学校初中三年级 陈思萱

Christmas cards are destroying forests. Christmas cards are killing human beings. Christmas cards are ruining the world we live in. When you open your post-box and take out many nice Christmas cards, have you ever thought of their cost? Not in term of money, but in terms of environmental destruction. When you're happily reading the cards, perhaps you are totally unaware that a great many trees have been cut down to make Christmas cards.

Now we don't have to send Christmas cards. It's not vital. Moreover, we should send as few cards as possible to save the environment.

Of course, it can't be denied that sending Christmas cards is a very good form of communication. Through cards, we send best wishes to our relatives and friends. But a coin has two sides; ev-erything, including sending Christmas cards, has both a positive and a negative effect. And it seems that what we gain through Christmas cards isn't well worth the price we pay.

We have to cut down so many trees, waste so much paper just for the sake of Christmas cards. No, it isn't worth doing so. Can't we find any other ways to send our wishes to each other? Of course, we can. A telephone call, an E-mail on the Internet, some small presents made by yourself, or just a few words when you meet your friends, that's enough. I dare say that they bring you much joy and happiness, too.

To me, sending Christmas cards is not only a waste of paper and money, but also a waste of time and energy. Don't you feel tired and bored when you have to deal with so many cards, all ba-sically the same, and spend a lot of time on it? Every time I receive a card, what comes into my mind first is not how nice it is, but what I should write on the card returned to him or her! Trying to find so many different wishes is a really difficult job, isn't it? But does a card with only "Happy New Year and Merry Christmas" and your name on it make any sense? Well, I'm tired of sending Christmas cards. Yet, I'm still obliged to do so for the sake of po-liteness.

Dear friends, sending Christmas cards really does harm to the environment, to human beings and to the world. So why not stop doing so? A Christmas card or a better environment and a cheerful state of mood? I will choose the latter one.

Then, let us say goodbye to Christmas cards.

点评:

Interesting exposure of cards’ negative effect on the environ-ment. But it's a little exaggerated. It should be pointed out that “too many” cards are bad for the environment. Also, more alterna-tives should be shown such as the use of recycled paper, or even other non-paper material. Also, many cards are “environmentally friendly”, made from paper from specially grown trees, rather than important forests. It’s more positive, balanced and helpful to show alternatives. If she says people are killed in the introduction, she should prove it.

However, her overall English usage is very good, and her ideas are well structured.

指导教师: Abraham O’ Farrell

点评:

The topic is a question which needs to be answered in the speech. The introduction uses three sentences to tell the readers the bad effect of postcards, one stronger than the other in the sense of emotion. The beginning calls your attention to the envi-ronmental destruction— trees have been cut down. Then she gives answer to the question in the topic clearly: No. She talks about the advantage and then, the disadvantage. It's not worth the price we pay. And we have other good ways for communication. She goes on to talk about her own feelings: a waste of paper, money, time and energy. The conclusion calls for action. This speech is complete in structure. The language is very exact and concise. She uses illustration, persuasion, quotation and repetition. If she had used authority (such as the amount of trees cut to make cards, or the amount of money saved), the speech would have been even better. Her own feelings take a lot of space, which makes it seem to be the most important reason for not sending cards. This is not proper.

指导教师:刘玉

作者: lspjy    时间: 2008-11-7 07:43
EnglishandMe

浙江杭州市外国语学校初三年级 叶佳雯

Hi, friends! As you know, the English language is getting more and more important in our studies and lives. Why? Because most people in the world speak English? Because it is one of the five working languages in the United Nations? To be more exact, that's because the English language is used as the world language nowadays.

I hadn't ever seen the English alphabet until I entered Hangzhou Foreign Languages School. During my first English lesson, the importance of learning English was clearly explained. I suddenly realized how bright my future would be if I learned English well. I would be able to enjoy English cartoon movies. I would be able to understand English short stories and novels. I would be able to communicate with most foreigners in this world without difficulty.

How could all these come true?

Textbooks were surely not enough for me because the world today is full of new information. Reading more out of class be-came so necessary. However, the most important was to speak English as much as possible. Just as my English teacher, Miss Hua, always says, "We learn English not only for exams. We are studying English to get closer to the world. We read to know more while we must speak to get known, or we can never com-municate successfully.

Little by little, I found English a really interesting subject at school. After two years' hard work, now I can speak directly to my American teachers and be fully understood. I can sing beauti-ful English songs at parties. I can exchange ideas with friends on the other side of the Pacific through E-mails. I can even read orig-inal English novels with the help of my dictionaries.

See! English means so much to me. I feel incredibly happy about myself too. It has become a part of my life as well.

It is true that I am learning about the western countries. Nevertheless, this is not my final purpose of learning English. At school, we have American teachers every semester. During class, they inform us of their culture as well as their country. But out of class, they are more interested in learning about our hometown, our country, our people, our culture and customs. This reminds me to try harder to introduce China to more westerners. I always keep in mind: we are learning about the world and the world is learning about China at the same time. Communication is mutual.

English has become a bridge between China and the western countries. Friends! Let's work hard together to improve our Eng-lish 1 Let's practice English wherever and whenever we meet! Let's use English to let the world learn more about China! Come on!

指导教师:华莹

作者: lspjy    时间: 2008-11-7 07:44
EnglishandMe

浙江杭州市外国语学校初三年级 叶佳雯

Hi, friends! As you know, the English language is getting more and more important in our studies and lives. Why? Because most people in the world speak English? Because it is one of the five working languages in the United Nations? To be more exact, that's because the English language is used as the world language nowadays.

I hadn't ever seen the English alphabet until I entered Hangzhou Foreign Languages School. During my first English lesson, the importance of learning English was clearly explained. I suddenly realized how bright my future would be if I learned English well. I would be able to enjoy English cartoon movies. I would be able to understand English short stories and novels. I would be able to communicate with most foreigners in this world without difficulty.

How could all these come true?

Textbooks were surely not enough for me because the world today is full of new information. Reading more out of class be-came so necessary. However, the most important was to speak English as much as possible. Just as my English teacher, Miss Hua, always says, "We learn English not only for exams. We are studying English to get closer to the world. We read to know more while we must speak to get known, or we can never com-municate successfully.

Little by little, I found English a really interesting subject at school. After two years' hard work, now I can speak directly to my American teachers and be fully understood. I can sing beauti-ful English songs at parties. I can exchange ideas with friends on the other side of the Pacific through E-mails. I can even read orig-inal English novels with the help of my dictionaries.

See! English means so much to me. I feel incredibly happy about myself too. It has become a part of my life as well.

It is true that I am learning about the western countries. Nevertheless, this is not my final purpose of learning English. At school, we have American teachers every semester. During class, they inform us of their culture as well as their country. But out of class, they are more interested in learning about our hometown, our country, our people, our culture and customs. This reminds me to try harder to introduce China to more westerners. I always keep in mind: we are learning about the world and the world is learning about China at the same time. Communication is mutual.

English has become a bridge between China and the western countries. Friends! Let's work hard together to improve our Eng-lish 1 Let's practice English wherever and whenever we meet! Let's use English to let the world learn more about China! Come on!

指导教师:华莹

Good-bye

浙江杭州市外国语学校初三年级 叶佳雯

Hi, my dear friends. You say good-bye every day, don't you? Yeah. Then have you ever thought about this word? It may sound too common for us to spend time and energy on. However, that's not true.

I didn't think about it until I was 13. That day when I saw my grandma shut eyes, I stood still. Saying good-bye in my heart, I suddenly realized I could never directly feel her love any longer.

Friends, as you can see, we shall say good-bye thousands of times in our lives. But how many of us can understand its mean-ing until the very last good-bye? How many can value the love from others until the last good-bye? And how many will realize these and feel sorry at the last good-bye?

So, when we're saying good-bye, keep in mind that every-body around will leave us some day. Let's value them and their love when they are still around.

Since my grandma's passing away, I have learnt more and more about GOOD-BYE in my life. Every morning my parents say good-bye as I'm going to school. This is one of their simplest ways to show me their love. Every afternoon my classmates and friends say good-bye at the moment I'm leaving for home. This is their easiest means to conclude the happy day we have been to-gether. When I'm walking out of a store, the shopkeeper says good-bye with a smile on the face. That warms my heart because I'm not neglected. If I'm getting out of a taxi, the driver says a friendly good-bye. That reminds me of kindness of others. In one word, love among people is clearly shown by saying GOOD-BYE.

I learned another meaning of GOOD-BYE on the last day of last semester. One of my friends, Maggie, was leaving for Canada. Most of her friends felt so sorry because they suddenly knew how far they would be from her. But at the moment we were told Maggie would come back in a year, I almost jumped out of my shoes. How nice! Most of the times a good-bye actually means in the near future we shall get together again.

We will say good-bye soon after the contest. I will not feel sad. I'll be looking forward to another get-together with you.

Good-bye

浙江杭州市外国语学校初三年级 叶佳雯

Hi, my dear friends. You say good-bye every day, don't you? Yeah. Then have you ever thought about this word? It may sound too common for us to spend time and energy on. However, that's not true.

I didn't think about it until I was 13. That day when I saw my grandma shut eyes, I stood still. Saying good-bye in my heart, I suddenly realized I could never directly feel her love any longer.

Friends, as you can see, we shall say good-bye thousands of times in our lives. But how many of us can understand its mean-ing until the very last good-bye? How many can value the love from others until the last good-bye? And how many will realize these and feel sorry at the last good-bye?

So, when we're saying good-bye, keep in mind that every-body around will leave us some day. Let's value them and their love when they are still around.

Since my grandma's passing away, I have learnt more and more about GOOD-BYE in my life. Every morning my parents say good-bye as I'm going to school. This is one of their simplest ways to show me their love. Every afternoon my classmates and friends say good-bye at the moment I'm leaving for home. This is their easiest means to conclude the happy day we have been to-gether. When I'm walking out of a store, the shopkeeper says good-bye with a smile on the face. That warms my heart because I'm not neglected. If I'm getting out of a taxi, the driver says a friendly good-bye. That reminds me of kindness of others. In one word, love among people is clearly shown by saying GOOD-BYE.

I learned another meaning of GOOD-BYE on the last day of last semester. One of my friends, Maggie, was leaving for Canada. Most of her friends felt so sorry because they suddenly knew how far they would be from her. But at the moment we were told Maggie would come back in a year, I almost jumped out of my shoes. How nice! Most of the times a good-bye actually means in the near future we shall get together again.

We will say good-bye soon after the contest. I will not feel sad. I'll be looking forward to another get-together with you.

IDon'tWanttoTravelAlone

江苏苏州立达中学 肖炜

Well, travelling is fun to everyone, but I don't like to travel alone. Maybe someone here won't agree with me, but after my speech, you might change your mind.

About six years ago, once my parents sent me to an Ameri-can international camp in Cape Cod, Massachusetts. That was my first year in America. I didn't know why my parents sent me there. Maybe it was because my English skills didn't improve very fast that year. Maybe they wanted me to learn English in a better condition. I remember that day they put me on a camping bus and hugged me a quick good-bye and left. During the whole trip, I did nothing but look out of the window. There was no one talking to me. I saw other children laughing and playing happily, but I had no one to talk to because I didn't speak much English. On the half way ?I threw up. And I had to clean up all by myself. Oh, how I wish I had a friend with me!

After I got to camp, I felt little better because of the beauti-ful scenery there, the lake, the hills, and the forests'"all made me very happy. Our cabin was on one of the hills facing the lake. When I got to cabin there were already 5 people waiting for me there. Our counselor Jermmy was an American College student. The other four came from different places such as Spain, China, France and Japan. We all said "Hi .'"to each other. That was al-most the only word we said to each other that day, for most of us couldn't speak much English. As it was an international camp, our counselor and we five campers were living in the same cabin, named No. 2 Cabin.

My starting experience there was homesick. I was only a 9-year-old boy that time and was not used to the life without my parents. So I had sleepless nights. What made me feel worse was the tale told in the camp that there was a bandit named 3-finger Willy who had an ax and came out in the night killing campers who didn't follow the camp rules. I was even more scared. How-ever , I felt much better a week later when I got used to the life in the camp and when I knew everyone. Our counselor was a very nice guy and other campers were all friendly too. I began to enjoy my life in the camp. Every day we had many games there. We went swimming and played many ball games. After supper, we played hide-and-seek in the forest along the hills. We had a lot of fun.

Anyway, what I want to say here is "East and west, home is best. "Traveling is fun, but if you have a companion with you, then you'll have help and much more fun.

评语:

A writer is supposed to make it clear to his readers what he intends to appeal to them, to make them agree with him. And this requires the writer's ability in reasoning in addition to that in choosing and arranging the facts. In this passage we can see the writer is employing his personal experience which really supports his opinion in traveling alone. The writer is to some extent per-suasive and this passage can be taken as a good piece of work in considering the writer's ability in classifying facts and persuad-ing.

作者: lspjy    时间: 2008-11-7 07:45
IDon'tWanttoTravelAlone

江苏苏州立达中学 肖炜

Well, travelling is fun to everyone, but I don't like to travel alone. Maybe someone here won't agree with me, but after my speech, you might change your mind.

About six years ago, once my parents sent me to an Ameri-can international camp in Cape Cod, Massachusetts. That was my first year in America. I didn't know why my parents sent me there. Maybe it was because my English skills didn't improve very fast that year. Maybe they wanted me to learn English in a better condition. I remember that day they put me on a camping bus and hugged me a quick good-bye and left. During the whole trip, I did nothing but look out of the window. There was no one talking to me. I saw other children laughing and playing happily, but I had no one to talk to because I didn't speak much English. On the half way ?I threw up. And I had to clean up all by myself. Oh, how I wish I had a friend with me!

After I got to camp, I felt little better because of the beauti-ful scenery there, the lake, the hills, and the forests'"all made me very happy. Our cabin was on one of the hills facing the lake. When I got to cabin there were already 5 people waiting for me there. Our counselor Jermmy was an American College student. The other four came from different places such as Spain, China, France and Japan. We all said "Hi .'"to each other. That was al-most the only word we said to each other that day, for most of us couldn't speak much English. As it was an international camp, our counselor and we five campers were living in the same cabin, named No. 2 Cabin.

My starting experience there was homesick. I was only a 9-year-old boy that time and was not used to the life without my parents. So I had sleepless nights. What made me feel worse was the tale told in the camp that there was a bandit named 3-finger Willy who had an ax and came out in the night killing campers who didn't follow the camp rules. I was even more scared. How-ever , I felt much better a week later when I got used to the life in the camp and when I knew everyone. Our counselor was a very nice guy and other campers were all friendly too. I began to enjoy my life in the camp. Every day we had many games there. We went swimming and played many ball games. After supper, we played hide-and-seek in the forest along the hills. We had a lot of fun.

Anyway, what I want to say here is "East and west, home is best. "Traveling is fun, but if you have a companion with you, then you'll have help and much more fun.

评语:

A writer is supposed to make it clear to his readers what he intends to appeal to them, to make them agree with him. And this requires the writer's ability in reasoning in addition to that in choosing and arranging the facts. In this passage we can see the writer is employing his personal experience which really supports his opinion in traveling alone. The writer is to some extent per-suasive and this passage can be taken as a good piece of work in considering the writer's ability in classifying facts and persuad-ing.

作者: lspjy    时间: 2008-11-8 07:46

IHatetoBeTooFatorTooThin

浙江省衢州市二中初二年级 伍海伦

Look at me! I'm just fit in my medium size clothes. Thankful for that.

I hate to be as fat as a balloon, and dislike to be as thin as a bamboo. Isn't it just awful to see a "humpty-dumpty" and a stick standing side by side?

But usually, according to ancient Chinese custom, people think being fat means strong, so they encourage each other to get as fat as they could. When people meet each other, they used to say: "Hey guy, how lucky you are to have gained weight! You look much nicer than before! I hate hearing these words, espe-cially when they are said to me, because getting too fat doesn't mean healthy, but means danger; First of all, when there is too much fat in your body, it will squeeze and press your heart, and it would probably cause heart disease. Next, if there is too much fat in the vein, it would be easily stuffed or broken. Think about how terrible that will be! And you'll have other troubles in choosing XL size clothes, in running or jumping, etc. That's why nowadays young girls try to start a new diet and make themselves as slim as possible. But is getting too thin healthy? Of course not. I could tell you my own experience.

When I was very young I had only a bird stomach, refusing to eat enough food, and so I became so thin that my bones were jutting up and down under my skin. As a matter of fact, I was a frequent visitor to the hospital. When I learned it was because I didn't have enough food, so there were fewer helpful bacteria to protect my body from the invading virus, I forced myself to swal-low down more food and get into a fit size, and become healthy enough.

So, here I am, in a fit size, in my tit clothes. And I advise ev-erybody to keep fit, not to be too fat nor too thin, and keep healthy!

点评:

The topic was a unique and difficult one for junior middle school competitors. Helen, as a Grade Two student, made an ex-cellent speech on this topic and impressed the judges deeply. Her quick and cute answers to the judges also aroused great interest among audience, and they cheered and gave warm applause.

指导教师:何文书

作者: lspjy    时间: 2008-11-8 07:47
IHatetoBeTooFatorTooThin

浙江省衢州市二中初二年级 伍海伦

Look at me! I'm just fit in my medium size clothes. Thankful for that.

I hate to be as fat as a balloon, and dislike to be as thin as a bamboo. Isn't it just awful to see a "humpty-dumpty" and a stick standing side by side?

But usually, according to ancient Chinese custom, people think being fat means strong, so they encourage each other to get as fat as they could. When people meet each other, they used to say: "Hey guy, how lucky you are to have gained weight! You look much nicer than before! I hate hearing these words, espe-cially when they are said to me, because getting too fat doesn't mean healthy, but means danger; First of all, when there is too much fat in your body, it will squeeze and press your heart, and it would probably cause heart disease. Next, if there is too much fat in the vein, it would be easily stuffed or broken. Think about how terrible that will be! And you'll have other troubles in choosing XL size clothes, in running or jumping, etc. That's why nowadays young girls try to start a new diet and make themselves as slim as possible. But is getting too thin healthy? Of course not. I could tell you my own experience.

When I was very young I had only a bird stomach, refusing to eat enough food, and so I became so thin that my bones were jutting up and down under my skin. As a matter of fact, I was a frequent visitor to the hospital. When I learned it was because I didn't have enough food, so there were fewer helpful bacteria to protect my body from the invading virus, I forced myself to swal-low down more food and get into a fit size, and become healthy enough.

So, here I am, in a fit size, in my tit clothes. And I advise ev-erybody to keep fit, not to be too fat nor too thin, and keep healthy!

点评:

The topic was a unique and difficult one for junior middle school competitors. Helen, as a Grade Two student, made an ex-cellent speech on this topic and impressed the judges deeply. Her quick and cute answers to the judges also aroused great interest among audience, and they cheered and gave warm applause.

作者: lspjy    时间: 2008-11-8 07:47
IHaveaDream

安徽省合肥市四十六中初中一年级 康

My dream is to become a teacher. And I have never changed my mind till today.

Well, when I was still a little girl in a kindergarten, I wished that I could become a teacher. This was mainly because I thought teacher was so powerful that every student had to obey her in-structions. And she could do whatever she wanted. She could drink coffee in the classroom, and go to the office whenever she liked. What's more, she could decide whether a student would get the little red flower every month, that's a kind of honour to show whether a student is good or not.

When I entered a primary school, I still have the same dream to become a teacher. For if I were a teacher, I would not have to prepare for any test or any examination, and I would not get smacked by my mother if I didn't do well. At that time, to be a teacher meant you would have a life without any worry.

Now, I'm a middle school student, but I still treasure the dream to be a teacher. As I am growing up, my reasons have be-come more meaningful. Now I think teachers are really the "engineers of human soul". They teach us a lot, not only knowledge but also how to be a good man of the society. Every year in our country thousands of teachers send millions of good students to various parts to work for our country, which helps to make our country stronger and stronger.

My dream is to be a teacher, and I'm sure, with my efforts, it will come true!

指导教师:周吟

作者: lspjy    时间: 2008-11-8 07:48
IHaveaDream

安徽省合肥市四十六中初中一年级 康

My dream is to become a teacher. And I have never changed my mind till today.

Well, when I was still a little girl in a kindergarten, I wished that I could become a teacher. This was mainly because I thought teacher was so powerful that every student had to obey her in-structions. And she could do whatever she wanted. She could drink coffee in the classroom, and go to the office whenever she liked. What's more, she could decide whether a student would get the little red flower every month, that's a kind of honour to show whether a student is good or not.

When I entered a primary school, I still have the same dream to become a teacher. For if I were a teacher, I would not have to prepare for any test or any examination, and I would not get smacked by my mother if I didn't do well. At that time, to be a teacher meant you would have a life without any worry.

Now, I'm a middle school student, but I still treasure the dream to be a teacher. As I am growing up, my reasons have be-come more meaningful. Now I think teachers are really the "engineers of human soul". They teach us a lot, not only knowledge but also how to be a good man of the society. Every year in our country thousands of teachers send millions of good students to various parts to work for our country, which helps to make our country stronger and stronger.

My dream is to be a teacher, and I'm sure, with my efforts, it will come true!

指导教师:周吟

作者: lspjy    时间: 2008-11-8 07:49
IWanttoBe…

浙江省衢州市第二中学初中 吴海伦

Somebody asked me what I wanted to be when I grow up. Well, the answer is: I'm not sure what I want to be, because I want to do many jobs.

When I was young,! wanted so much to be a dentist. Why? Because my teeth were not good, so I often had to pay visits to the dentist. I had to obey whenever the dentist said, "Open your mouth" or "close your mouth", and once I had a tooth pulled out! So I thought to myself, I would really like to make young chil-dren open their mouths and release the pain in their teeth. Maybe sometimes I will tell them their bad, painful teeth need to be pulled out. Some of them might be frightened and run right away, as I did!"

Now, I want to be a teacher, because I think teachers are among the most respected people. Our teachers do their best to ed-ucate children, and most of their time is spent on students. When my class teacher comes into the classroom, all the noisy students become quiet at once, and begin digging into their books. When-ever my classmates do something wrong, or don't study very well, she has to call them to her office and teach them how to be-have better. She also has to issue and carefully check our home-work, and discuss problems concerning education with the stu-dents and their parents. When students graduate, they won't for-get their teachers who have taught them so much knowledge and to be good children.

So, these two jobs are what I want to do. Who knows what I will become? Maybe a dentist, or a teacher, or perhaps something entirely different!

作者: lspjy    时间: 2008-11-8 07:50
IWanttoBe…

浙江省衢州市第二中学初中 吴海伦

Somebody asked me what I wanted to be when I grow up. Well, the answer is: I'm not sure what I want to be, because I want to do many jobs.

When I was young,! wanted so much to be a dentist. Why? Because my teeth were not good, so I often had to pay visits to the dentist. I had to obey whenever the dentist said, "Open your mouth" or "close your mouth", and once I had a tooth pulled out! So I thought to myself, I would really like to make young chil-dren open their mouths and release the pain in their teeth. Maybe sometimes I will tell them their bad, painful teeth need to be pulled out. Some of them might be frightened and run right away, as I did!"

Now, I want to be a teacher, because I think teachers are among the most respected people. Our teachers do their best to ed-ucate children, and most of their time is spent on students. When my class teacher comes into the classroom, all the noisy students become quiet at once, and begin digging into their books. When-ever my classmates do something wrong, or don't study very well, she has to call them to her office and teach them how to be-have better. She also has to issue and carefully check our home-work, and discuss problems concerning education with the stu-dents and their parents. When students graduate, they won't for-get their teachers who have taught them so much knowledge and to be good children.

So, these two jobs are what I want to do. Who knows what I will become? Maybe a dentist, or a teacher, or perhaps something entirely different!

MakingFriends

宁夏银川一中初中三年级 杨洁

One of the most important things in the world is making friends. If you have a good friend, you are lucky.

A good friend is more necessary than money or anything else in the world. You can have no money but you can not have no friends. Sometimes only friends can help you, instead of money. For example, if you fall into water and you can't swim, only your friend can save you.

How can we make friends in the right way? At first, you must know the man who you want to make friends with. If you find he often tells a lie, you'd better not make friends with him, because maybe he will do the same thing to you. If you find he doesn't help others, you'd better leave him, because maybe he will leave you when you are in great trouble. A good friend will be happy when you win. He will be sad when you fail. When you're doing a wrong thing, he will advise you to leave it. If you have some questions in study, he will be quite willing to teach you until you understand. Do you have a good friend? If you don't, why don't you begin to look for him right now? If you want to have this kind of friend, you must try your best to be a person like this. If you do that, I'm sure you will have many good friends.

指导教师:马韵欣

MakingFriends

宁夏银川一中初中三年级 杨洁

One of the most important things in the world is making friends. If you have a good friend, you are lucky.

A good friend is more necessary than money or anything else in the world. You can have no money but you can not have no friends. Sometimes only friends can help you, instead of money. For example, if you fall into water and you can't swim, only your friend can save you.

How can we make friends in the right way? At first, you must know the man who you want to make friends with. If you find he often tells a lie, you'd better not make friends with him, because maybe he will do the same thing to you. If you find he doesn't help others, you'd better leave him, because maybe he will leave you when you are in great trouble. A good friend will be happy when you win. He will be sad when you fail. When you're doing a wrong thing, he will advise you to leave it. If you have some questions in study, he will be quite willing to teach you until you understand. Do you have a good friend? If you don't, why don't you begin to look for him right now? If you want to have this kind of friend, you must try your best to be a person like this. If you do that, I'm sure you will have many good friends.

指导教师:马韵欣

Mid-autumnDay

吉林省长春市东北师大附中初中三年级 王萌萌

I think Mid-Autumn Day is an old traditional festival in Chi-na. Everybody likes it because it's a family get-together. You see> it is called"Mid-Autumn Day", so it often comes in September or October. It is on the 15th of the 8th of the lunar month. Now, let's say something about this interesting festival.

Firstly, I'd like to say something about the moon. I like it very much because I want to be an astronaut in the future. That day the moon is round, big, just like a beautiful plate hanging on the blue cloth. When I see the moon, I will remember the ancient myths——the godess Chang Er and her little rabbit are playing under the tree which Wu Gang grows. I will also think about Armstrong's first moonwalk. I will also miss the friends in Tai-wan island, in Macao and Chinese people who are abroad. I know they are missing us very much, too.

Secondly, I'11 say something about the tradition on Mid-Autumn Day. Look!There's a big tree in a garden of a Chinese fami-ly. All the family members are sitting around a big table under the tree in the open air. They are eating the mooncakes and admiring the full moon in the sky. That is a family reunion dinner. The mooncakes and the moon represent the love from a family. I think this is one of the most valuable things in the world.

Thirdly,it is a very good opportunity to make three wishes on Mid-Autumn Day. My wishes are: the first, I, an astronaut in the future, would like to go to the moon one day, and stay with the sky and stars; the second, I hope every person in the world will stay with family, share love from the family forever; the third, I hope everybody's dream will come true.

That is the Mid-Autumn Day in my mind. I will always re-member: East or West, home is best.

点评:

小作者以中秋之月为联想源展开了丰富的联想,融进了优美的神话传说,描述性语言生动活泼。在文章的后半部分,小作者对月沉思,表达了“但愿人长久,千里共婵娟”的美好愿望,融情入理,深厚绵长。

指导教师:赵杰

作者: lspjy    时间: 2008-11-8 07:51

Mid-autumnDay

吉林省长春市东北师大附中初中三年级 王萌萌

I think Mid-Autumn Day is an old traditional festival in Chi-na. Everybody likes it because it's a family get-together. You see> it is called"Mid-Autumn Day", so it often comes in September or October. It is on the 15th of the 8th of the lunar month. Now, let's say something about this interesting festival.

Firstly, I'd like to say something about the moon. I like it very much because I want to be an astronaut in the future. That day the moon is round, big, just like a beautiful plate hanging on the blue cloth. When I see the moon, I will remember the ancient myths——the godess Chang Er and her little rabbit are playing under the tree which Wu Gang grows. I will also think about Armstrong's first moonwalk. I will also miss the friends in Tai-wan island, in Macao and Chinese people who are abroad. I know they are missing us very much, too.

Secondly, I'11 say something about the tradition on Mid-Autumn Day. Look!There's a big tree in a garden of a Chinese fami-ly. All the family members are sitting around a big table under the tree in the open air. They are eating the mooncakes and admiring the full moon in the sky. That is a family reunion dinner. The mooncakes and the moon represent the love from a family. I think this is one of the most valuable things in the world.

Thirdly,it is a very good opportunity to make three wishes on Mid-Autumn Day. My wishes are: the first, I, an astronaut in the future, would like to go to the moon one day, and stay with the sky and stars; the second, I hope every person in the world will stay with family, share love from the family forever; the third, I hope everybody's dream will come true.

That is the Mid-Autumn Day in my mind. I will always re-member: East or West, home is best.

点评:

小作者以中秋之月为联想源展开了丰富的联想,融进了优美的神话传说,描述性语言生动活泼。在文章的后半部分,小作者对月沉思,表达了“但愿人长久,千里共婵娟”的美好愿望,融情入理,深厚绵长。

作者: lspjy    时间: 2008-11-8 07:51

MyBestFriend

四川省成都市树德实验中学初中三年级 班文娟

"Best Friend "may have different implications to different people. A child in the kindergarten may regard the ones who al-ways whisper to her as her best friends. The young boys, who al-ways play, argue and even fight together after class, are best friends. I sometimes ask my parents who the visitors are. They say in one word: our best friends. How many best friends my par-ents have!

To me, "Best friend "is the friend who I like best. We have same ideas about something and we are faithful to each other. One of my best friends is Qian. We've known for three years since we went to the junior school. Of course, we're classmates. What brought us together was something pure, beautiful and something that we both love: Music. Everyone in class knows that she plays the piano very well. But I can't play that instrument. I only like to listen to the musician to play the piano. I like Yanni best. She likes Richard Clayderman. In our free time, we talk something about these two musicians: something about their works and their latest lives. If there is a concert in our city on weekend, we do at-tend it. After we became close friends, I found I like music much better than before.

One day in 1997,1 found a record wrapped in white paper in my desk. It was recorded by Clayderman. It contained some fine pieces of music. Then I knew it was given by Qian. But how did she know my birthday? She telephoned my parents to know it. I was quite pleased to receive this unusual gift. I cherished it in a box. Whenever I listen to the music, I feel happy and comfort-able. I enjoy it very much.

At school, the most important thing, however, is to study the subjects well. We help and learn from each other. Sometimes I share the happiness with her, because we work out some difficult problems together. She works very hard. She likes to ask many questions. Gradually .she becomes one of the cleverest students in our class. In a physical competition last year, she did better than any other girls in our class. I am proud of having such a good friend.

Some day, another girl appeared. Her former friends left her alone. She was lonely and I accepted her. She became my friend. Maybe this broke Qian's heart. She had another friend, too. As the time went by,I found my new friend wasn't so good as Qian. She wasn't willing to hear that I study better than her. She thought herself the best one among us. Nearly every word she told me was a lie. I was annoyed at her deeds. I dare not speak out my feelings to Qian. She seemed to know a little about me. But we kept quiet. There was a wall between us. The New Year was coming. She sent a nice card to me. It said: wherever you are, whatever you do, I am with you. I will help you to go through the thorns and the happiness. At that moment, I was deeply moved. I knew what was real friendship. We were best friends.

So I tell you I'm very happy to have her as a friend. She makes me feel good, lively and important.

点评:

Ban Wenjuan enjoys reading English books. If she has some questions, she always goes to the teacher for help. She not only learns her lessons well but also gets on well with her classmates.

指导教师:郑晓兰

作者: admin    时间: 2008-11-9 07:12
MyBestFriend

四川省成都市树德实验中学初中三年级 班文娟

"Best Friend "may have different implications to different people. A child in the kindergarten may regard the ones who al-ways whisper to her as her best friends. The young boys, who al-ways play, argue and even fight together after class, are best friends. I sometimes ask my parents who the visitors are. They say in one word: our best friends. How many best friends my par-ents have!

To me, "Best friend "is the friend who I like best. We have same ideas about something and we are faithful to each other. One of my best friends is Qian. We've known for three years since we went to the junior school. Of course, we're classmates. What brought us together was something pure, beautiful and something that we both love: Music. Everyone in class knows that she plays the piano very well. But I can't play that instrument. I only like to listen to the musician to play the piano. I like Yanni best. She likes Richard Clayderman. In our free time, we talk something about these two musicians: something about their works and their latest lives. If there is a concert in our city on weekend, we do at-tend it. After we became close friends, I found I like music much better than before.

One day in 1997,1 found a record wrapped in white paper in my desk. It was recorded by Clayderman. It contained some fine pieces of music. Then I knew it was given by Qian. But how did she know my birthday? She telephoned my parents to know it. I was quite pleased to receive this unusual gift. I cherished it in a box. Whenever I listen to the music, I feel happy and comfort-able. I enjoy it very much.

At school, the most important thing, however, is to study the subjects well. We help and learn from each other. Sometimes I share the happiness with her, because we work out some difficult problems together. She works very hard. She likes to ask many questions. Gradually .she becomes one of the cleverest students in our class. In a physical competition last year, she did better than any other girls in our class. I am proud of having such a good friend.

Some day, another girl appeared. Her former friends left her alone. She was lonely and I accepted her. She became my friend. Maybe this broke Qian's heart. She had another friend, too. As the time went by,I found my new friend wasn't so good as Qian. She wasn't willing to hear that I study better than her. She thought herself the best one among us. Nearly every word she told me was a lie. I was annoyed at her deeds. I dare not speak out my feelings to Qian. She seemed to know a little about me. But we kept quiet. There was a wall between us. The New Year was coming. She sent a nice card to me. It said: wherever you are, whatever you do, I am with you. I will help you to go through the thorns and the happiness. At that moment, I was deeply moved. I knew what was real friendship. We were best friends.

So I tell you I'm very happy to have her as a friend. She makes me feel good, lively and important.

点评:

Ban Wenjuan enjoys reading English books. If she has some questions, she always goes to the teacher for help. She not only learns her lessons well but also gets on well with her classmates.

作者: admin    时间: 2008-11-9 07:12

MyBestFriend

山西省实验中学初中三年级 张静怡

Everyone has his or her best friend. Usually a boy's best friend is a boy, and a girl's best friend is a girl. But my best friend is very special. It is the book.

Maybe you will think that a book can't talk or play with you when you are in trouble it can't help you, either. Then how can you make friends with it? I am afraid you are quite wrong at this point. You know there are many different kinds of books in the world, such as science books, storybooks, textbooks and so on. All of them are very useful and helpful to you. For example, when you are very tired after a day's work, you can read a book that interests you. You will have a good rest and feel very happy by reading this book. When you read a sad story, you will get to know there are bad persons in this world. They don't want other people to live happily and make a lot of trouble to this world. Maybe you will tell yourself never to be such a bad person as in the story you read; maybe you will tell yourself to help those who need help and try to get on well with everyone around you. Now you see a little book can tell you so many things and can even tell you how to live.

Science books are also very useful, too. We are students now and we are tomorrow's builders. Our duty in the future is. to make this world better and better. To reach the aim needs much more knowledge. That is what science books can help you. You will get a lot of useful knowledge from this kind of books. Of course, the knowledge can make you a clever and useful man.

Ok, aren't the examples above enough? We don't need any more examples, I'm afraid. I think you have changed your mind about a best friend by now. Well, let me tell you a book I like best. It is named Chicken Soup for the Soul. I think some people here must have heard it before. It is really a good book. Each sto-ry in the book can tell you a truth. After I read it, I became more confident in my life. Now I know how to get on well with my parents, my teacher and my classmates, and how to realize my dream and how to be a good, honest and useful person. I should thank this book; I should thank all the books I've read before.

But there is a little pity now, because I am a Junior 3 student and too busy to read books. So I hope some day in the future I will have enough time to stay with my best friend——books'

点评:

The whole speech is closely related to the topic and gives very vivid examples to explain why the speaker thinks the book is her best friend. Not only the opening and the ending, but also the contents of the speech are well organized. Therefore, the speech appears impressive and persuasive.

作者: admin    时间: 2008-11-9 07:13
MyBestFriend

山西省实验中学初中三年级 张静怡

Everyone has his or her best friend. Usually a boy's best friend is a boy, and a girl's best friend is a girl. But my best friend is very special. It is the book.

Maybe you will think that a book can't talk or play with you when you are in trouble it can't help you, either. Then how can you make friends with it? I am afraid you are quite wrong at this point. You know there are many different kinds of books in the world, such as science books, storybooks, textbooks and so on. All of them are very useful and helpful to you. For example, when you are very tired after a day's work, you can read a book that interests you. You will have a good rest and feel very happy by reading this book. When you read a sad story, you will get to know there are bad persons in this world. They don't want other people to live happily and make a lot of trouble to this world. Maybe you will tell yourself never to be such a bad person as in the story you read; maybe you will tell yourself to help those who need help and try to get on well with everyone around you. Now you see a little book can tell you so many things and can even tell you how to live.

Science books are also very useful, too. We are students now and we are tomorrow's builders. Our duty in the future is. to make this world better and better. To reach the aim needs much more knowledge. That is what science books can help you. You will get a lot of useful knowledge from this kind of books. Of course, the knowledge can make you a clever and useful man.

Ok, aren't the examples above enough? We don't need any more examples, I'm afraid. I think you have changed your mind about a best friend by now. Well, let me tell you a book I like best. It is named Chicken Soup for the Soul. I think some people here must have heard it before. It is really a good book. Each sto-ry in the book can tell you a truth. After I read it, I became more confident in my life. Now I know how to get on well with my parents, my teacher and my classmates, and how to realize my dream and how to be a good, honest and useful person. I should thank this book; I should thank all the books I've read before.

But there is a little pity now, because I am a Junior 3 student and too busy to read books. So I hope some day in the future I will have enough time to stay with my best friend——books'

点评:

The whole speech is closely related to the topic and gives very vivid examples to explain why the speaker thinks the book is her best friend. Not only the opening and the ending, but also the contents of the speech are well organized. Therefore, the speech appears impressive and persuasive.

作者: admin    时间: 2008-11-9 07:13
MyDream

陕西省西安一中初中三年级 陈都

Everyone has a dream. Now I'll talk about my dream i What is my dream? I often ask myself. When I was a little boy, I wanted to be a soldier with a gun so that I could defend our motherland.

Now I am a young boy with a new dream——to be a doc-tor. I want to be a famous doctor, helping the sick and saving their lives. Why has my dream changed? Well, at the age of 11 I was ill, badly ill. I was told that I had cancer. I had to leave both my school and my friends and go to the hospital. Every day I suf-fered the troubles caused by this illness.

I also saw some people who were suffering and dying of ill-nesses. I made up my mind to become a doctor, so that I can help the sick people and cure them of their diseases. China is a develop-ing country. She needs good medicine and good doctors, especially in the countryside and lonely villages.

I want to try my best to help the poor sick people of our country. I want to let them have an opportunity to receive excel-lent treatments for their illnesses without having to pay much or any money.

I'll do every bit to cure the incurable. I hope to see a world where there is no cancer, no Aids, no fatal diseases. I'm confident that through the joint efforts of you and me, man will put an end to his bodily sufferings and this dream of mine will one day be brought into reality.

作者: admin    时间: 2008-11-9 07:14
MyDream

陕西省西安一中初中三年级 陈都

Everyone has a dream. Now I'll talk about my dream i What is my dream? I often ask myself. When I was a little boy, I wanted to be a soldier with a gun so that I could defend our motherland.

Now I am a young boy with a new dream——to be a doc-tor. I want to be a famous doctor, helping the sick and saving their lives. Why has my dream changed? Well, at the age of 11 I was ill, badly ill. I was told that I had cancer. I had to leave both my school and my friends and go to the hospital. Every day I suf-fered the troubles caused by this illness.

I also saw some people who were suffering and dying of ill-nesses. I made up my mind to become a doctor, so that I can help the sick people and cure them of their diseases. China is a develop-ing country. She needs good medicine and good doctors, especially in the countryside and lonely villages.

I want to try my best to help the poor sick people of our country. I want to let them have an opportunity to receive excel-lent treatments for their illnesses without having to pay much or any money.

I'll do every bit to cure the incurable. I hope to see a world where there is no cancer, no Aids, no fatal diseases. I'm confident that through the joint efforts of you and me, man will put an end to his bodily sufferings and this dream of mine will one day be brought into reality.

指导教师:蔡笑鸿

作者: admin    时间: 2008-11-9 07:17

MyExperiences

浙江省衢州市第二中学初二年级 伍海伦

I want to tell you about my experience in learning English since my babyhood. Maybe it will be helpful to English learners.

With the name HELEN, you might guess that English was the first language I learned. Since I was born in 1985,1 have been speaking exclusively in English with my Dad. Before I entered kindergarten at the age of five, I was unable to speak any Chi-nese, because I lived only with my Dad at that time. My mother came to work and live with us only after I entered the kinder-garten and began to learn Chinese. Some time later,! could under-stand and even talk with my classmates and other people in Chi-nese. I started writing a diary in English at the age of seven, and still continue to write in it daily.

I have met and made foreign friends from different coun-tries , such as America, Britain, Canada, Australia, France, Ger-many, Italy, Belgium, Switzerland, Spain, Portugal, Syria, Venezuela and Holland, and still keep in touch with them.

I'm a second grader in a middle school now, and I have many interests, such as reading English novels and listening to B. B. C. or V. 0. A.. Collecting stamps from all over the world is my spe-cial hobby, and of course,! love to make friends.

In 1992, when I was seven, the National Association for English Teaching and Learning of Britain invited my Dad and me to attend the Birmingham Conference, but we didn't get the approval from the authorities. Then in 1994, an American teacher and his elementary school invited us to visit New York city. We got the Affidavit of Support and passports for visiting America, but unfortunately, our applications for visas were refused by the American Consulate in Shanghai.

In recent years, some American teachers have come to my Dad's college to train English teachers of middle schools. I also at-tended the classes and served as the American teachers' youngest assistant. Since 1995, teachers from my middle school have been involved in a cultural exchange with teachers from Red Wing, MN,U. S. A. ,our sister city. The current American teacher, Ms Macoulay and my class English teacher, Ms He, show great con-cern for improving my English, and both of them do their best to help me. All my teachers and friends encourage me to take advan-tage of every opportunity for English exposure, and I certainly will!

作者: admin    时间: 2008-11-9 07:17
MyExperiences

浙江省衢州市第二中学初二年级 伍海伦

I want to tell you about my experience in learning English since my babyhood. Maybe it will be helpful to English learners.

With the name HELEN, you might guess that English was the first language I learned. Since I was born in 1985,1 have been speaking exclusively in English with my Dad. Before I entered kindergarten at the age of five, I was unable to speak any Chi-nese, because I lived only with my Dad at that time. My mother came to work and live with us only after I entered the kinder-garten and began to learn Chinese. Some time later,! could under-stand and even talk with my classmates and other people in Chi-nese. I started writing a diary in English at the age of seven, and still continue to write in it daily.

I have met and made foreign friends from different coun-tries , such as America, Britain, Canada, Australia, France, Ger-many, Italy, Belgium, Switzerland, Spain, Portugal, Syria, Venezuela and Holland, and still keep in touch with them.

I'm a second grader in a middle school now, and I have many interests, such as reading English novels and listening to B. B. C. or V. 0. A.. Collecting stamps from all over the world is my spe-cial hobby, and of course,! love to make friends.

In 1992, when I was seven, the National Association for English Teaching and Learning of Britain invited my Dad and me to attend the Birmingham Conference, but we didn't get the approval from the authorities. Then in 1994, an American teacher and his elementary school invited us to visit New York city. We got the Affidavit of Support and passports for visiting America, but unfortunately, our applications for visas were refused by the American Consulate in Shanghai.

In recent years, some American teachers have come to my Dad's college to train English teachers of middle schools. I also at-tended the classes and served as the American teachers' youngest assistant. Since 1995, teachers from my middle school have been involved in a cultural exchange with teachers from Red Wing, MN,U. S. A. ,our sister city. The current American teacher, Ms Macoulay and my class English teacher, Ms He, show great con-cern for improving my English, and both of them do their best to help me. All my teachers and friends encourage me to take advan-tage of every opportunity for English exposure, and I certainly will!

作者: admin    时间: 2008-11-9 07:18

MyFamily

河南省郑州市第51中学 徐起航

My family will always be very important in my life. I'm raised in a loving family.

My father is an engineer. Whenever I think of him, I'm al-ways full of respect. My mother is a good mother of the Chinese type. She treats my grandmother as if she were her own mother, so my grandmother is very fond of her.

It was a pity my father and my mother didn't go to universi-ty in their youth because of the "Cultural Revolution". But they never lost their heart. My father masterd the skills of electricity by self-study. Now he is a leader of a factory. He manages the factory heart and soul, and he is always the last one to come off duty and often does extra work. I often see him working late into the night. In addition, he often goes to other cities on business and seldom stays at home. Sometimes,! speak to him in fun, "You re-gard the family as a hotel". Because of his hard work, he gets a lot of honour.

My mother is thirty-five years old. She studied by herself and got a graduation certificate from Hunan university. She was very excited when she graduated, since her dream came true at last. During the past thirty years, my mother has experienced many trials of hardships. She has been to the countryside and the factory. However, just because of these experiences, my mother has become more determined and intelligent. She cooks well and often gets up early in order to prepare some delicious food for us. But my mother used to say she has stomachache. She couldn't eat when we ate good food. When I was young,! was surprised in that what she couldn't eat was exactly what I liked to eat. Now I understand how great my mother's love is !

My parents are open-minded and warm-hearted. They are willing to help others, because of their kindness, our neighbors like to come to our house for talking and playing. My father, my mother and I spend our spare time in many ways. We all like na-ture and the outdoors. We are fond of walking, swimming and singing. Sometimes,! play the piano for my parents, and they en-joy it very much.

I have a happy family. We all live in peace and harmony. My parents love me, but not excessively. They hope me to be self-re-specting, self-reliant, and also self-supporting, so, I'm always re-minded to go on and never give up.

指导教师:刘思一

MyFamily

河南省郑州市第51中学 徐起航

My family will always be very important in my life. I'm raised in a loving family.

My father is an engineer. Whenever I think of him, I'm al-ways full of respect. My mother is a good mother of the Chinese type. She treats my grandmother as if she were her own mother, so my grandmother is very fond of her.

It was a pity my father and my mother didn't go to universi-ty in their youth because of the "Cultural Revolution". But they never lost their heart. My father masterd the skills of electricity by self-study. Now he is a leader of a factory. He manages the factory heart and soul, and he is always the last one to come off duty and often does extra work. I often see him working late into the night. In addition, he often goes to other cities on business and seldom stays at home. Sometimes,! speak to him in fun, "You re-gard the family as a hotel". Because of his hard work, he gets a lot of honour.

My mother is thirty-five years old. She studied by herself and got a graduation certificate from Hunan university. She was very excited when she graduated, since her dream came true at last. During the past thirty years, my mother has experienced many trials of hardships. She has been to the countryside and the factory. However, just because of these experiences, my mother has become more determined and intelligent. She cooks well and often gets up early in order to prepare some delicious food for us. But my mother used to say she has stomachache. She couldn't eat when we ate good food. When I was young,! was surprised in that what she couldn't eat was exactly what I liked to eat. Now I understand how great my mother's love is !

My parents are open-minded and warm-hearted. They are willing to help others, because of their kindness, our neighbors like to come to our house for talking and playing. My father, my mother and I spend our spare time in many ways. We all like na-ture and the outdoors. We are fond of walking, swimming and singing. Sometimes,! play the piano for my parents, and they en-joy it very much.

I have a happy family. We all live in peace and harmony. My parents love me, but not excessively. They hope me to be self-re-specting, self-reliant, and also self-supporting, so, I'm always re-minded to go on and never give up.

MyFamily

河南省郑州市第51中学 徐起航

作者: admin    时间: 2008-11-9 07:19
We usually say that it is very important to find a real friend, but it is difficult. Now in our society it seems that some people have a lot of friends. However, once their friends face difficulties, they may all run away. They may not give their friends any help. It is very sad for hearing it. What is true is that it is difficult to find real friends.

Most of us know the famous story. One day, two friends were walking in forest. A bear came to attack them. One of them climbed up a tree to escape, just after he said he would help his friend whenever he had trouble, only leaving his poor friend dumbfounded.

Do you want to make friends with the person like the man climbing up the tree? Do you want to have a friend hiding behind you when trouble or even danger is coming? Of course not! We need real friendship. But what is real friendship? What is the judgement for that? It means that friends can help you when you face difficulties. They do not gather around you when you are plain sailing. They will not leave you alone when you are in trouble. They intend to share both your happiness and sadness, espe-cially you sadness, whenever you need them. They may not give you any advice, or they may not solve any problems but they would like to listen to your story, or they will stay to calm you, to encourage you to stand up again and to help you go to the road to success. That is real friendship!

We all know the end of the story, the friend on the ground said a well-known saying: "A friend in need is a friend indeed."

作者: admin    时间: 2008-11-9 07:19
AFriendinNeedIsAFriendIndeed

青海省西宁市康东中学初中 李晓亮

We usually say that it is very important to find a real friend, but it is difficult. Now in our society it seems that some people have a lot of friends. However, once their friends face difficulties, they may all run away. They may not give their friends any help. It is very sad for hearing it. What is true is that it is difficult to find real friends.

Most of us know the famous story. One day, two friends were walking in forest. A bear came to attack them. One of them climbed up a tree to escape, just after he said he would help his friend whenever he had trouble, only leaving his poor friend dumbfounded.

Do you want to make friends with the person like the man climbing up the tree? Do you want to have a friend hiding behind you when trouble or even danger is coming? Of course not! We need real friendship. But what is real friendship? What is the judgement for that? It means that friends can help you when you face difficulties. They do not gather around you when you are plain sailing. They will not leave you alone when you are in trouble. They intend to share both your happiness and sadness, espe-cially you sadness, whenever you need them. They may not give you any advice, or they may not solve any problems but they would like to listen to your story, or they will stay to calm you, to encourage you to stand up again and to help you go to the road to success. That is real friendship!

We all know the end of the story, the friend on the ground said a well-known saying: "A friend in need is a friend indeed."

作者: lspjy    时间: 2008-11-11 07:16
WhentheWallTopplesDown,ItBecomesaBridge

海南海口秀英区永万坡国科实验学校初中 白天天

Today I'll talk about understanding, that is understanding between children and their parents. So my topic is when the wall topples down, it becomes a bridge.

As everyone knows, children from age 12 to 16 enter a rebel phase. They are perplexed and do not know what's right or wrong. They quarrel with other people and complain about their families or parents. Some of them smoke, drink, fight or leave home. But they do not know how. Unfortunately, many families break up just because of communication difficulties. We're sorry to see that many tragedies have happened because of this. I'll tell some of the stories I know.

Firstly, Chen Weili was a very good student at school. He quarrelled with his mother because his mother read his letters without his permission. He was so mad that he couldn't control himself. He shouted at his mother; "You can't read my letters;

It's against the law! "But his mother couldn't understand him. She just wanted to be near to her child as mothers quite often do. She wanted to care for her child. She was also very angry. She shouted at him: "I'm your mother! Go to the court and charge me! Go! Go! Nobody will help you! "They both cried. As a result, the generation gap widened.

. . The second example is also about a boy. His name was Zhang Yong. The story happened in a small town in Hunan province. Zhang Yong's parents were both teachers. Because teachers are very busy and don't have much money? it was diffi-cult for Zhang Yong's parents to make a fuss of him. He began to live and study at school at 10 years of age. His parents rarely visited him. He felt unfairly treated. "Why do other children's parents care about their children, but my parents don't?" he thought. One day, he felt unwell and went to see the school doc-tor. The doctor told him he had caught hepatitis. He told his parents of the bad news. But his parents seemed unconcerned and gave him only 20 yuan. Then let him go to the hospital by him-self. His parents didn't take him to the hospital until he couldn't get up from the bed. His parents finally paid 6000 yuan to the hospital. That was all the money they had! Zhang Yong asked his parents: "Why didn't you care about me before? Now, it's useless!" But he knew nothing of his parents' difficulties. They asked for bank loan. The interest was 200 yuan a month. This amount is equal to his parents salary per month! When Zhang Yong discovered this, he was overwhelmed with emotion. "Oh, my parents are so great!" he thought. "They love me. They would do anything for me!" He realized that he had the same love as other children had. Unfortunately, this realization arrived too late. He died in his mother's arms some days later. He was only 17.

Yes, it was a sad story, and it made us think very deeply. If you're a student of this age, have you ever thought about your parents' mind? Have you ever felt compunction because of your bad treatment to them? Have you thought about their deeds? You can find a lot of reasons to say that your parents are bad. But you can't deny one word—love, father's love, mother's love and fami-ly love.

If you are children's father or mother, do you know your children's mind? It they are unhappy, will you care about them? Every parent loves his children. But they show their love in differ-ent ways.

I don't understand why so many people say that the genera-tion gap can't be crossed.

Maybe the world is too contradictory and complex. I can't find any reason to say that children must have a heart exchange with their parents. I just know; "In this world parents' love to their children is the strongest one. To protect this love is very im-portant. "

Although children and their parents have different point of views and sometimes they do not understand each other, there is a wall between them, yet they're two generations that are heart to heart. Everything could be OK. The generation gap could be crossed.

We ask for help. We ask for understanding. We ask for love. So, hold out our hands, let's push down the wall, let's make a bridge across the two generations!

作者: lspjy    时间: 2008-11-11 07:16
WhentheWallTopplesDown,ItBecomesaBridge

海南海口秀英区永万坡国科实验学校初中 白天天

Today I'll talk about understanding, that is understanding between children and their parents. So my topic is when the wall topples down, it becomes a bridge.

As everyone knows, children from age 12 to 16 enter a rebel phase. They are perplexed and do not know what's right or wrong. They quarrel with other people and complain about their families or parents. Some of them smoke, drink, fight or leave home. But they do not know how. Unfortunately, many families break up just because of communication difficulties. We're sorry to see that many tragedies have happened because of this. I'll tell some of the stories I know.

Firstly, Chen Weili was a very good student at school. He quarrelled with his mother because his mother read his letters without his permission. He was so mad that he couldn't control himself. He shouted at his mother; "You can't read my letters;

It's against the law! "But his mother couldn't understand him. She just wanted to be near to her child as mothers quite often do. She wanted to care for her child. She was also very angry. She shouted at him: "I'm your mother! Go to the court and charge me! Go! Go! Nobody will help you! "They both cried. As a result, the generation gap widened.

. . The second example is also about a boy. His name was Zhang Yong. The story happened in a small town in Hunan province. Zhang Yong's parents were both teachers. Because teachers are very busy and don't have much money? it was diffi-cult for Zhang Yong's parents to make a fuss of him. He began to live and study at school at 10 years of age. His parents rarely visited him. He felt unfairly treated. "Why do other children's parents care about their children, but my parents don't?" he thought. One day, he felt unwell and went to see the school doc-tor. The doctor told him he had caught hepatitis. He told his parents of the bad news. But his parents seemed unconcerned and gave him only 20 yuan. Then let him go to the hospital by him-self. His parents didn't take him to the hospital until he couldn't get up from the bed. His parents finally paid 6000 yuan to the hospital. That was all the money they had! Zhang Yong asked his parents: "Why didn't you care about me before? Now, it's useless!" But he knew nothing of his parents' difficulties. They asked for bank loan. The interest was 200 yuan a month. This amount is equal to his parents salary per month! When Zhang Yong discovered this, he was overwhelmed with emotion. "Oh, my parents are so great!" he thought. "They love me. They would do anything for me!" He realized that he had the same love as other children had. Unfortunately, this realization arrived too late. He died in his mother's arms some days later. He was only 17.

Yes, it was a sad story, and it made us think very deeply. If you're a student of this age, have you ever thought about your parents' mind? Have you ever felt compunction because of your bad treatment to them? Have you thought about their deeds? You can find a lot of reasons to say that your parents are bad. But you can't deny one word—love, father's love, mother's love and fami-ly love.

If you are children's father or mother, do you know your children's mind? It they are unhappy, will you care about them? Every parent loves his children. But they show their love in differ-ent ways.

I don't understand why so many people say that the genera-tion gap can't be crossed.

Maybe the world is too contradictory and complex. I can't find any reason to say that children must have a heart exchange with their parents. I just know; "In this world parents' love to their children is the strongest one. To protect this love is very im-portant. "

Although children and their parents have different point of views and sometimes they do not understand each other, there is a wall between them, yet they're two generations that are heart to heart. Everything could be OK. The generation gap could be crossed.

We ask for help. We ask for understanding. We ask for love. So, hold out our hands, let's push down the wall, let's make a bridge across the two generations!

作者: lspjy    时间: 2008-11-11 07:17
MyScienceTeacher

北京日坛中学 谭菁

Once I had this science teacher, we all call her Dr. Arce. Her face was always straight, without any kind of expressions. I thought maybe it was because of her work, a great portion of which is to deal with all those long long Latin words.

One day in her class, we were studying earthworms, when she mentioned how she had crouched down in her garden all af-ternoon, observing two earthworms working their way into and out of the soil. Then she gave each one of us an earthworm still alive, and insisted on us dissecting it, while she dissected hers on her table, under a microscope. She did it so carefully and so professionally, that nothing—not even a nerve was destroyed inside the earthworm's body. She pointed to each organ and explained their functions with such enthusiasm, that her eyes began shining brightly, and her straight, face even seemed to relax a tiny bit.

During the days we studied plants and seed germination— which means the process by which a seed produces a new plant, she found all those little bags of seeds with a kind of liquid full of nutrients, and she let us bring it back home to see how the seed grows, then we were to turn in a paper. But unfortunately I failed in letting the seed grow into a plant. I did the paper anyway, say-ing that even though my seed was done with, but from all I learned in class, I expected it to grow in a certain way, something like that. I knew this paper was a mess, because I didn't really know how a seed was supposed to grow. And whenever I saw Dr. Arce's straight face,! thought that I would probably get an F on my paper.

The next day the papers came down, and I was surprised to see a big red B+ at the top. Under it were two words: "Good ef-forts". See, despite her straight and expressionless face, she was a pretty nice teacher after all. It's just that she wasn't used to showing her care for us by smiling to us or saying kind words. But she helped us a lot more by paying attention to our school-works, and encouraging us at all times.

MyScienceTeacher

北京日坛中学 谭菁

Once I had this science teacher, we all call her Dr. Arce. Her face was always straight, without any kind of expressions. I thought maybe it was because of her work, a great portion of which is to deal with all those long long Latin words.

One day in her class, we were studying earthworms, when she mentioned how she had crouched down in her garden all af-ternoon, observing two earthworms working their way into and out of the soil. Then she gave each one of us an earthworm still alive, and insisted on us dissecting it, while she dissected hers on her table, under a microscope. She did it so carefully and so professionally, that nothing—not even a nerve was destroyed inside the earthworm's body. She pointed to each organ and explained their functions with such enthusiasm, that her eyes began shining brightly, and her straight, face even seemed to relax a tiny bit.

During the days we studied plants and seed germination— which means the process by which a seed produces a new plant, she found all those little bags of seeds with a kind of liquid full of nutrients, and she let us bring it back home to see how the seed grows, then we were to turn in a paper. But unfortunately I failed in letting the seed grow into a plant. I did the paper anyway, say-ing that even though my seed was done with, but from all I learned in class, I expected it to grow in a certain way, something like that. I knew this paper was a mess, because I didn't really know how a seed was supposed to grow. And whenever I saw Dr. Arce's straight face,! thought that I would probably get an F on my paper.

The next day the papers came down, and I was surprised to see a big red B+ at the top. Under it were two words: "Good ef-forts". See, despite her straight and expressionless face, she was a pretty nice teacher after all. It's just that she wasn't used to showing her care for us by smiling to us or saying kind words. But she helped us a lot more by paying attention to our school-works, and encouraging us at all times.

MyIdeaofaGoodStudent

江苏南京市外国语学校初三年级 冯春

Am I a good student? Every student asks himself this ques-tion. Some students may. have wrong ideas of what a good student is. They think a good student is one who studies all the subjects well and listens to the teachers all the time, but, actually these ones don't care about anything apart from study.

Then what is a good student?

Firstly, he has clear world values. He knows what he should do and what he shouldn't do. He pays respect to teachers and old people?and helps others as much as he can. It doesn't matter how he does in the exam, although this is very important.

Secondly, to learn as much as possible is our responsibility as students. So a good student always tries to learn from both text-books and other books. Besides reading, he also likes sports and enjoys doing manual work. He develops in all-round way.

Thirdly, he has a strong character and~will-power. Because we have troubles every day. How to face the difficulties in study and our lives is very important. A good student won't be afraid of difficulties. He'll always try his best though he knows he may fail. He will never give up.

This is the good student in my eyes. You may have different ideas. But be a good student anyway.

点评:

As we all know, teachers should pay more attention to quali-ty education rather than the scores of exams. While a lot of stu-dents are seeking for high scores, Feng Chun can realize the im-portance of quality education.

指导教师:兴华 孙春红 徐斌

MyIdeaofaGoodStudent

江苏南京市外国语学校初三年级 冯春

Am I a good student? Every student asks himself this ques-tion. Some students may. have wrong ideas of what a good student is. They think a good student is one who studies all the subjects well and listens to the teachers all the time, but, actually these ones don't care about anything apart from study.

Then what is a good student?

Firstly, he has clear world values. He knows what he should do and what he shouldn't do. He pays respect to teachers and old people?and helps others as much as he can. It doesn't matter how he does in the exam, although this is very important.

Secondly, to learn as much as possible is our responsibility as students. So a good student always tries to learn from both text-books and other books. Besides reading, he also likes sports and enjoys doing manual work. He develops in all-round way.

Thirdly, he has a strong character and~will-power. Because we have troubles every day. How to face the difficulties in study and our lives is very important. A good student won't be afraid of difficulties. He'll always try his best though he knows he may fail. He will never give up.

This is the good student in my eyes. You may have different ideas. But be a good student anyway.

点评:

As we all know, teachers should pay more attention to quali-ty education rather than the scores of exams. While a lot of stu-dents are seeking for high scores, Feng Chun can realize the im-portance of quality education.

指导教师:兴华 孙春红 徐斌

作者: lspjy    时间: 2008-11-11 07:18
MyIdeaofaGoodTeacher

新疆乌鲁木齐市二中初三年级 薄瑶

What is a good teacher? Someone may say: a strict one or a friendly one, and even a motherly one. I think they're all right, but my idea .of a good teacher is like this.

First, a good teacher should do well in teaching. That's his duty, the most important duty. A good teacher can make each of his class interesting and lively. He can make difficult knowledge easy to understand. But that is not enough.

Of course, a real good teacher should know more about this. So, second, a good teacher should teach his students how to be a real person. If he does like this, he can often give us some good advice on how to get on well with each other, how to do something in order, how to do things better and better, and so on. That would be very reliable and important for us students all our lives. We may get much more we need than we get from the books, just because of a good teacher.

And thirdly, a good teacher isn't only a teacher, but also a friend, a good and a close friend. When his students are in trouble or something terrible happens to us, a good teacher can help us believe in ourselves, and also stand up again, just like one of our friends. And maybe this kind of friends is a little special (we are not of the same age, and we do different jobs). But we still like to have such a kind of friend. Because an old saying goes: A friend in need is a friend indeed. That's true.

OK. What do you think of a good teacher now? A good teacher is just like a good book, but you can't finish reading it for-ever. A good teacher is just like a lamp tower, but it cannot go out in your mind forever. This is my idea of a good teacher, and it's ONLY my idea. It can't tell us whether each teacher is good. Ev-ery teacher has got his own merit. So, every teacher is worth us respecting.

指导教师:叶继坚

MyIdeaofaGoodTeacher

新疆乌鲁木齐市二中初三年级 薄瑶

What is a good teacher? Someone may say: a strict one or a friendly one, and even a motherly one. I think they're all right, but my idea .of a good teacher is like this.

First, a good teacher should do well in teaching. That's his duty, the most important duty. A good teacher can make each of his class interesting and lively. He can make difficult knowledge easy to understand. But that is not enough.

Of course, a real good teacher should know more about this. So, second, a good teacher should teach his students how to be a real person. If he does like this, he can often give us some good advice on how to get on well with each other, how to do something in order, how to do things better and better, and so on. That would be very reliable and important for us students all our lives. We may get much more we need than we get from the books, just because of a good teacher.

And thirdly, a good teacher isn't only a teacher, but also a friend, a good and a close friend. When his students are in trouble or something terrible happens to us, a good teacher can help us believe in ourselves, and also stand up again, just like one of our friends. And maybe this kind of friends is a little special (we are not of the same age, and we do different jobs). But we still like to have such a kind of friend. Because an old saying goes: A friend in need is a friend indeed. That's true.

OK. What do you think of a good teacher now? A good teacher is just like a good book, but you can't finish reading it for-ever. A good teacher is just like a lamp tower, but it cannot go out in your mind forever. This is my idea of a good teacher, and it's ONLY my idea. It can't tell us whether each teacher is good. Ev-ery teacher has got his own merit. So, every teacher is worth us respecting.

指导教师:叶继坚

MyIdeaofHonesty

山东省滨州北镇中学 李雪婷

We know nobody likes a person who is always telling lies. We can often hear people say: "Tell me the truth. I won't mind". But when they really hear the truth, they might be unhappy, and they might even hate you and hurt you. This is the complexity of interpersonal relationships. So I have to say, sometimes it's OK to tell the truth, but you have to think about it if it's good enough to do so.

I had an experience about how to be honest. One of my teachers is a middle-aged woman. One day I met her in the teacher's building and said hello to her. But she suddenly asked me a question. She said: "Look at that woman teacher! She is two months younger than I. Who do you think looks younger?"! think she looked older, but when I saw the eyes were full of ex-pectation, my answer became: "Of course you look younger. "She seemed to be happy and went away with great satisfaction.

This doesn't mean I'm not honest. On this occasion it may hurt her feeling if I tell the truth, therefore it's better to tell a friendly lie than to tell an unfriendly truth. Don't you agree?

But on some occasions we have to tell the truth though it might not be good for ourselves. When we see a pickpocket steal-ing something on a bus, we should not keep silent; we must tell the truth to the victim. Surely, it's quite dangerous if you shout:

&quotickpocket! "But we can tell the truth quietly and secretly. So we must also pay attention to the way to tell the truth.

To be honest is the elementary moral character. However, as people's minds and the society are growing more and more com-plex, it's not so easy to tell the truth. We must learn to protect ourselves when telling the truth, then we can make it without hurting others' feelings. We can also avoid troubling when it's not necessary.

Honesty should do good for others and ourselves.

指导教师:宋立泽 刘雪梅

MyIdeaofHonesty

山东省滨州北镇中学 李雪婷

We know nobody likes a person who is always telling lies. We can often hear people say: "Tell me the truth. I won't mind". But when they really hear the truth, they might be unhappy, and they might even hate you and hurt you. This is the complexity of interpersonal relationships. So I have to say, sometimes it's OK to tell the truth, but you have to think about it if it's good enough to do so.

I had an experience about how to be honest. One of my teachers is a middle-aged woman. One day I met her in the teacher's building and said hello to her. But she suddenly asked me a question. She said: "Look at that woman teacher! She is two months younger than I. Who do you think looks younger?"! think she looked older, but when I saw the eyes were full of ex-pectation, my answer became: "Of course you look younger. "She seemed to be happy and went away with great satisfaction.

This doesn't mean I'm not honest. On this occasion it may hurt her feeling if I tell the truth, therefore it's better to tell a friendly lie than to tell an unfriendly truth. Don't you agree?

But on some occasions we have to tell the truth though it might not be good for ourselves. When we see a pickpocket steal-ing something on a bus, we should not keep silent; we must tell the truth to the victim. Surely, it's quite dangerous if you shout:

&quotickpocket! "But we can tell the truth quietly and secretly. So we must also pay attention to the way to tell the truth.

To be honest is the elementary moral character. However, as people's minds and the society are growing more and more com-plex, it's not so easy to tell the truth. We must learn to protect ourselves when telling the truth, then we can make it without hurting others' feelings. We can also avoid troubling when it's not necessary.

Honesty should do good for others and ourselves.

指导教师:宋立泽 刘雪梅

作者: lspjy    时间: 2008-11-11 07:19
Say"No"ToSmoking

广东广州市应元路中学初二年级 罗西  

I'm sure that this is what hundreds of people say every day in their lives, but please listen to what I have to say.

First, I'm going to talk about the good things about smoking. Some people say that smoking is relaxing, and some people are more confident with a cigarette in their hands. Even some people can't live without them. But do you know that smoking might cause lung cancer, gum cancer and various other types of cancers? It can make your teeth black and your fingers yellow. It'll even be the cause of blood deficiency and nausea, and it will definitely decrease your level of intelligence. On the other hand, the nicotine in cigarettes will make you want them more and more. For example, if a pack of cigarettes costs about 3 yuan, and Mr. Brown smokes one pack a day, it will cost him up to 1095 yuan per year. Cigarettes may cost you a fortune I

Some people might say, "I don't care if I will get cancer, and I have lots of money to spend on cigarettes. "But what about the people around you, what about all the second hand smokers? Their health is also being threatened by your smoking. Try to imagine, if a non-smoker is in a room full of smoke 3 hours a day > his/her health condition will be as bad as a person- who has smoked 3 packs of cigarettes in a week.

So please, if you don't want to do it for yourself, do it for all the people who are around you──say "no "to smoking!

指导教师:王小玫

作者: lspjy    时间: 2008-11-11 07:20

MyHometown

黑龙江哈尔滨市第69中学初三年级 傅强

On the map of China, Hei Longjiang looks like a beautiful swan. Harbin is the capital city of Hei Longjiang province. So when others ask me where my hometown is, I will tell them proudly: "My hometown is Harbin—the pearl under the swan's neck. "

Harbin locates in the north of China and is one of the biggest cities. Harbin is a beautiful city all year long?especially in summer and winter. In the hottest days of the year, you may come to Harbin in which the Song Hua River and the Sun Island will help you to forget all the worries and hotness. While in winter, the fields are usually covered by thick snow. You may go to see the famous "Ice Festival"and play all kinds of winter sports.

Famous for its ice and snow,people call Harbin"Ice City". At the same time, Harbin is called "a little Paris in the east" because there are many famous buildings like the St. Sophia Cathedral and the Monument to the Fight Against Flood. More over, many fa-mous artists were born here. They help Harbin to form a specific cultural environment.

Dear friends, have you ever been to Harbin? If not, please come here some day, and you will find how beautiful it is and how lovely the people here are.

I love Harbin, my hometown, the pearl under the swan's neck.

作者: lspjy    时间: 2008-11-11 07:20

MyHometown

黑龙江哈尔滨市第69中学初三年级 傅强

On the map of China, Hei Longjiang looks like a beautiful swan. Harbin is the capital city of Hei Longjiang province. So when others ask me where my hometown is, I will tell them proudly: "My hometown is Harbin—the pearl under the swan's neck. "

Harbin locates in the north of China and is one of the biggest cities. Harbin is a beautiful city all year long?especially in summer and winter. In the hottest days of the year, you may come to Harbin in which the Song Hua River and the Sun Island will help you to forget all the worries and hotness. While in winter, the fields are usually covered by thick snow. You may go to see the famous "Ice Festival"and play all kinds of winter sports.

Famous for its ice and snow,people call Harbin"Ice City". At the same time, Harbin is called "a little Paris in the east" because there are many famous buildings like the St. Sophia Cathedral and the Monument to the Fight Against Flood. More over, many fa-mous artists were born here. They help Harbin to form a specific cultural environment.

Dear friends, have you ever been to Harbin? If not, please come here some day, and you will find how beautiful it is and how lovely the people here are.

I love Harbin, my hometown, the pearl under the swan's neck.

指导教师:姜桂芬

作者: lspjy    时间: 2008-11-11 07:21
What'sWrongwithThem?

江苏南京外国语学校初中三年级 冯春

Students of my own age often complain about strict teach-ers , about their parents and about life in school. They say they are bored to death. They don't like to go to school at all. They would prefer to stay at home and listen to Celin Dion. Although I like Celin Dion, I felt very surprised when I heard this. I don't know why they feel like this. What's wrong with them?

Some of you may be aware that many of the village children in China can only sit in a damp dark room, and have their lessons by candle light. They don't have any desks or blackboards. They have to sit on the floor, using their chairs as desks. The teachers can only write on a piece of wood. But they are all very interested in their lessons. Their biggest dream is to sit in a brightly lit class-room with real desks, chairs and blackboards. Even though some of the poor children are unable to go to school because they have to work, they never complain and never stop trying to study.

What about us!

We have such beautiful classrooms in tall buildings and com-puters at school. We also have many good teachers and interesting activities.

But many of the students in the cities hate studying. Why? Because they are now leading a comfortable life. They have got everything they want and don't have to be worried. They listen to POP music and watch football games. They haven't realized that studying is happiness. They don't have a clear aim of study in mind. What's the aim of our study ?As we are young students, we must learn as much as possible to make ourselves full. Then we can use our knowledge to work for our country and make it stronger and stronger. We are now not only studying for our-selves, but also for the future of our motherland.

We should thank our parents for giving us such good chances to study. We should also thank the teachers for teaching us so well.

Life has already given us so much. What do we complain about?

Think of it. You will really study with pleasure.

点评:

Nowadays children, especially those in the cities, don't cher-ish the comfortable life they are living. By reading this speech, we hope that they can change their attitudes towards life.

指导教师:蹇兴华 孙春红 徐

WhatIWanttoBeWhenIGrowUp

贵州贵阳市六中初三年级 徐莹

My topic is "What I Want to Be When I Grow up". My answer is "An Interpreter", an English interpreter. Why do I hope to become an English interpreter? There are three reasons.

First, I know if I want to be a good interpreter, I have to study two languages well: Chinese and English. When I was a lit-tle child,! loved my native language. I was interested in it very much and learned it diligently. When English came into my life, it became another best friend of mine. I'm doing my best to master the correct pronunciation, accents on each word, and intonation. I communicate with foreigners whenever it's possible and try to in-troduce our great motherland to them quite proudly.

Secondly, English is widely used. It's an international lan-guage and spoken as a second language by a lot of people in many different countries. China is now a developing country, so we need to learn some advanced science and technology from the west. As the interpreters of the 21st century, we will certainly take the re-sponsibility of building the bridge to a better world.

Well, the last reason is the most important. Interpreters are cultural ambassadors. China is an ancient country with a long his-tory. Interpreters can "export" the cream of Chinese culture to the west, and also "import" the essence of western modern civilization. Interpreters translate one language into another in order to pro-mote communication and understanding between different nations in the world.

To become an interpreter, there's still a long way for me to go. I must enrich my knowledge and study harder. I'm sure in the near future I can do some contribution to build the bridge be-tween the two cultures.

指导教师:夏友兰

WhatIWanttoBeWhenIGrowUp

贵州贵阳市六中初三年级 徐莹

My topic is "What I Want to Be When I Grow up". My answer is "An Interpreter", an English interpreter. Why do I hope to become an English interpreter? There are three reasons.

First, I know if I want to be a good interpreter, I have to study two languages well: Chinese and English. When I was a lit-tle child,! loved my native language. I was interested in it very much and learned it diligently. When English came into my life, it became another best friend of mine. I'm doing my best to master the correct pronunciation, accents on each word, and intonation. I communicate with foreigners whenever it's possible and try to in-troduce our great motherland to them quite proudly.

Secondly, English is widely used. It's an international lan-guage and spoken as a second language by a lot of people in many different countries. China is now a developing country, so we need to learn some advanced science and technology from the west. As the interpreters of the 21st century, we will certainly take the re-sponsibility of building the bridge to a better world.

Well, the last reason is the most important. Interpreters are cultural ambassadors. China is an ancient country with a long his-tory. Interpreters can "export" the cream of Chinese culture to the west, and also "import" the essence of western modern civilization. Interpreters translate one language into another in order to pro-mote communication and understanding between different nations in the world.

To become an interpreter, there's still a long way for me to go. I must enrich my knowledge and study harder. I'm sure in the near future I can do some contribution to build the bridge be-tween the two cultures.

WhatIWanttoBeWhenIGrowUp

贵州贵阳市六中初三年级 徐莹

作者: lspjy    时间: 2008-11-11 07:22

WhatDidIDoLastSunday

Listen! The little clock is ticking. I opened my eyes and saw the beautiful sunshine outside. "What a fine day today!" Then I got up quickly and made a plan for today. One, two, three and so on, that was what I should do. Looking at the full piece of paper, I smiled. What a busy day it would be!

Before leaving home, I looked at myself in the mirror. Mak-ing sure that I was really confident) I went outside with my physics book.

I didn't listen to the teacher carefully enough so he was an-gry with me. Then he asked me an easy question. Of course I didn't know the answer, so he asked me to stand there and think it over. My face turned red. I knew I was wrong. So I tried my best to listen to him carefully. Before long, the teacher asked the students to solve a problem. I thought hard and put up my hand, all the classmates looked at me in surprise. I answered it loudly and confidently, the teacher smiled and said: "Good, it is a new idea! "From it, I really realized something. As a youngster who is eager to contribute to our country, I know there is no time for us to waste.

When I got home, it was noon. I couldn't wait to turn on TV and watch the new film──Titanic. Soon, the beautiful song and wonderful performance attracted me deeply. The great ship Ti-tanic shows that: One's time and life is limited, but love is impres-sive and it will last forever.

After that, my mother took me to her office to play comput-er. I used Windows 98 to draw a beautiful ship and the blue sea. Do you know what it is? Yes, It was the Titanic in my heart. It was unsinkable in my mind.

That was what had happened on Sunday. You see it was quite a busy day. I like to keep myself busy. It makes me feel good. Please remember: Diligence is the mother of success.

WhatDidIDoLastSunday

Listen! The little clock is ticking. I opened my eyes and saw the beautiful sunshine outside. "What a fine day today!" Then I got up quickly and made a plan for today. One, two, three and so on, that was what I should do. Looking at the full piece of paper, I smiled. What a busy day it would be!

Before leaving home, I looked at myself in the mirror. Mak-ing sure that I was really confident) I went outside with my physics book.

I didn't listen to the teacher carefully enough so he was an-gry with me. Then he asked me an easy question. Of course I didn't know the answer, so he asked me to stand there and think it over. My face turned red. I knew I was wrong. So I tried my best to listen to him carefully. Before long, the teacher asked the students to solve a problem. I thought hard and put up my hand, all the classmates looked at me in surprise. I answered it loudly and confidently, the teacher smiled and said: "Good, it is a new idea! "From it, I really realized something. As a youngster who is eager to contribute to our country, I know there is no time for us to waste.

When I got home, it was noon. I couldn't wait to turn on TV and watch the new film──Titanic. Soon, the beautiful song and wonderful performance attracted me deeply. The great ship Ti-tanic shows that: One's time and life is limited, but love is impres-sive and it will last forever.

After that, my mother took me to her office to play comput-er. I used Windows 98 to draw a beautiful ship and the blue sea. Do you know what it is? Yes, It was the Titanic in my heart. It was unsinkable in my mind.

That was what had happened on Sunday. You see it was quite a busy day. I like to keep myself busy. It makes me feel good. Please remember: Diligence is the mother of success.

WalkingTowardsthe21stCentury

辽宁大连市九中 刘晓丹

How time flies! The 20th century will become history soon. If you look at the calendar everyday, you can feel the 21st century marching towards us.

What will it be like? It will be an overwhelming world limited only by imagination.

Now, let's look back to the Second World War. How cruel and terrifying that war was! It cost the lives of millions of people, and separated even more families. It brought nothing but pain and sorrow to our beloved world. In the next century, we need more people like Nelson Mandela and Martin Luther King. We can work together for the liberty of the whole world. The 21st centu-ry will have peace ?and we won't let it to be disturbed by fights or battles any more. And in this peaceful world, man and woman, black and white will have equal rights, and all nations will be treated in the same way. And in this world of freedom, the words "slave" and "negro" will be found only in history books. I believe this day will come soon, and the whole world will be in harmony.

Our knowledge grows quickly as technology develops. In the 21st century, many problems will be solved and many human dreams will come true.

We will invent medicines that can ease all pains and kill all diseases. Maybe cancer, Aids, and rabies can be cured with a few pills. Most infectious diseases will disappear from the earth, and human won't suffer from illness any more.

Computer is an important part of our life today. They can help us in many ways. In the 21st century, computer will be more popular. With its help, most people can work at home instead of working in their offices. They can see a doctor, do their shopping, or make oversea telephone calls over Internet. It offers conve-nience and efficiency to our life.

Transportation is a major problem in the 20th century. In the 21st century, more freeways will be built, so that people won't be stuck in traffic during rush hours. Most families can have a he-licopter. Instead of wasting their time in long lines of cars on the road, people can go anywhere they like in the shortest time.

Pollution problem isn't completely solved in the present cen-tury. In the next century, we will go on working on this subject. Water and air that have already been polluted will be purified. We will make full use of solar power. Electricity can be used for heat-ing instead of burning coal and gas. In the 21st century, there won't be heavy smoke coming out of chimneys, or dirty water pouring into lakes and rivers. The earth will be cleaner, the air will be fresher, and the water will be purer and we can live in a much better environment.

When people are free, they can get on their own high-speed plane and reach the carefully protected wilderness area hundreds of miles away. If they are interested in sea world, they can take a submarine and explore the bottom of the ocean. They can even fly to the moon in a spaceship for their holiday. If they prefer staying at home, they can let a robot do all the housework and fetch their morning newspapers.

What exactly will the 21st century be like? It's still a mys-tery. Here, I can only imagine. But I know one thing: the 21st century belongs to us, the future is in our hands. We'll try our best to work for it, develop it and pass on a beautiful, peaceful, and cheerful world to the next generation.

指导教师:徐敏

作者: lspjy    时间: 2008-11-11 07:23
WalkingTowardsthe21stCentury

辽宁大连市九中 刘晓丹

How time flies! The 20th century will become history soon. If you look at the calendar everyday, you can feel the 21st century marching towards us.

What will it be like? It will be an overwhelming world limited only by imagination.

Now, let's look back to the Second World War. How cruel and terrifying that war was! It cost the lives of millions of people, and separated even more families. It brought nothing but pain and sorrow to our beloved world. In the next century, we need more people like Nelson Mandela and Martin Luther King. We can work together for the liberty of the whole world. The 21st centu-ry will have peace ?and we won't let it to be disturbed by fights or battles any more. And in this peaceful world, man and woman, black and white will have equal rights, and all nations will be treated in the same way. And in this world of freedom, the words "slave" and "negro" will be found only in history books. I believe this day will come soon, and the whole world will be in harmony.

Our knowledge grows quickly as technology develops. In the 21st century, many problems will be solved and many human dreams will come true.

We will invent medicines that can ease all pains and kill all diseases. Maybe cancer, Aids, and rabies can be cured with a few pills. Most infectious diseases will disappear from the earth, and human won't suffer from illness any more.

Computer is an important part of our life today. They can help us in many ways. In the 21st century, computer will be more popular. With its help, most people can work at home instead of working in their offices. They can see a doctor, do their shopping, or make oversea telephone calls over Internet. It offers conve-nience and efficiency to our life.

Transportation is a major problem in the 20th century. In the 21st century, more freeways will be built, so that people won't be stuck in traffic during rush hours. Most families can have a he-licopter. Instead of wasting their time in long lines of cars on the road, people can go anywhere they like in the shortest time.

Pollution problem isn't completely solved in the present cen-tury. In the next century, we will go on working on this subject. Water and air that have already been polluted will be purified. We will make full use of solar power. Electricity can be used for heat-ing instead of burning coal and gas. In the 21st century, there won't be heavy smoke coming out of chimneys, or dirty water pouring into lakes and rivers. The earth will be cleaner, the air will be fresher, and the water will be purer and we can live in a much better environment.

When people are free, they can get on their own high-speed plane and reach the carefully protected wilderness area hundreds of miles away. If they are interested in sea world, they can take a submarine and explore the bottom of the ocean. They can even fly to the moon in a spaceship for their holiday. If they prefer staying at home, they can let a robot do all the housework and fetch their morning newspapers.

What exactly will the 21st century be like? It's still a mys-tery. Here, I can only imagine. But I know one thing: the 21st century belongs to us, the future is in our hands. We'll try our best to work for it, develop it and pass on a beautiful, peaceful, and cheerful world to the next generation.

指导教师:徐敏

Trust

河北保定市十七中初中 李牧群

"Mum, are they afraid?" I asked when I was watching the circus men flying in the sky. "They will not, "Mum said gently, "because they trust each other."

Now, when I think of the word "trust", I remember the cir-cus men flying in the sky. Yes, they are brave, they are well-trained, but without trust, they couldn't have done so well at the life or death moment.

In our daily life, trust is like water and air. Try to think, if we don't trust others, if we are always on guard, if we have masks all the time, how terrible our life will be, how tired we'll become, how dull our life will be!

Trust is the best way that people get along well with each other. With trust, teachers make students full of hope; with trust, classes will share the feeling of good company 5 with trust, we make others and ourselves happy and gay.

You see, trust is very important in our life. So everyone in the world wants to get trust from others. And if you trust others, they will also trust you. Isn't that a wonderful feeling? However, you may say, in today's world, it's really dangerous to trust oth-ers all the time, because there're some dishonest people in the world. Anyway, although there's still some darkness in today's world, we should never neglect the importance of trust, which leads to an understanding world.

I still remember when I was at primary school, once I was mistaken by the teacher and he said something to my mother. I felt very unhappy, because I was afraid Mother would not listen to me and would be angry with me. "I trust you. "I looked up when I heard the words. I read in mother's eyes the word "trust". At that moment, I felt my heart was full of sunshine. I wanted to say, thank you, mum? for your understanding, for your trust.

OK, From now on, in order to make our world warm, com-fortable and pleasant, trust everyone around you, then you'll find that life is very beautiful!

点评:

The way of writing is simple, clear, and crisp. The true feeling in the writing set readers thinking about the touchy topic.

It's thoughtful and touching. Hope you will share the feeling of trust with your parents, your teachers, and your classmates.

指导教师:禄乐以

Trust

河北保定市十七中初中 李牧群

"Mum, are they afraid?" I asked when I was watching the circus men flying in the sky. "They will not, "Mum said gently, "because they trust each other."

Now, when I think of the word "trust", I remember the cir-cus men flying in the sky. Yes, they are brave, they are well-trained, but without trust, they couldn't have done so well at the life or death moment.

In our daily life, trust is like water and air. Try to think, if we don't trust others, if we are always on guard, if we have masks all the time, how terrible our life will be, how tired we'll become, how dull our life will be!

Trust is the best way that people get along well with each other. With trust, teachers make students full of hope; with trust, classes will share the feeling of good company 5 with trust, we make others and ourselves happy and gay.

You see, trust is very important in our life. So everyone in the world wants to get trust from others. And if you trust others, they will also trust you. Isn't that a wonderful feeling? However, you may say, in today's world, it's really dangerous to trust oth-ers all the time, because there're some dishonest people in the world. Anyway, although there's still some darkness in today's world, we should never neglect the importance of trust, which leads to an understanding world.

I still remember when I was at primary school, once I was mistaken by the teacher and he said something to my mother. I felt very unhappy, because I was afraid Mother would not listen to me and would be angry with me. "I trust you. "I looked up when I heard the words. I read in mother's eyes the word "trust". At that moment, I felt my heart was full of sunshine. I wanted to say, thank you, mum? for your understanding, for your trust.

OK, From now on, in order to make our world warm, com-fortable and pleasant, trust everyone around you, then you'll find that life is very beautiful!

点评:

The way of writing is simple, clear, and crisp. The true feeling in the writing set readers thinking about the touchy topic.

It's thoughtful and touching. Hope you will share the feeling of trust with your parents, your teachers, and your classmates.

指导教师:禄乐以

TheSportsMeeting

湖北武汉同济医科大学附中初三 张旻

It was a beautiful autumn day. We held our sports meeting. The sun was shining brightly, and the sky was blue. All of us were full of energy. When we reached the race court, we felt eager to join in the games. It was an exciting day. Like all middle school students, sports are dear friends to us. We couldn't wait to get over with the singing and dancing parts, and go straight to the games. Well, why not let me tell you a few things that had caught my heart and that I've remembered even till now.

The whistle sounded. The best runner of our class rushed out of the starting line, like an eagle flying into the sky. Oh, what the speed. He soon left others behind, far behind. I felt there was a beauty, the beauty of strength. When passing the finishing line, he cried out, "I won, oh yes; I won! "There was pride written on his face and there was happiness in his eyes.

But there was another. It was a quiet girl who joined in the Girl's 800 Meters. She wasn't so fast but she tried very hard. She ran and ran, doing her best. Destiny is a tricky thing. It won't even be generous to a girl like her. She fell down to the ground just before reaching the finishing line. There, I saw blood, so red on her bare ankles. Tears came down on her face. I thought she would give up. But no! She stood up again. Biting her lips, with her hurt ankles, with her hot tears, she kept on running. She came in last. I held her in my arms, trying to comfort her. She said lightly, "Min, I've lost". "No, you've won .'You're truly my heroine. "I said, holding her more tightly in my arms.

The last race was the race of teamwork, the relay race. My eyes followed our runners one by one, a stick by a stick. Holding my hands tightly, I didn't dare to take my eyes off them. In my heart,! said again and again, "Don't drop the stick, don't drop the stick. " Oh, the misfortune! The stick dropped onto the ground, and my heart sank with it. "No!", many voices called out. "Keep on running 1 "they shouted. I closed my eyes, unwilling to see our failure. "We won! We won!'" When I heard this, I opened my eyes and saw faces full of smiles. I felt happiness filling my breast. Big hot tears rushed down. I cried, cried with joy. For the first time I ever wept happy tears.

A wise man said: "Success is the fruit, but what we did for it is even more valuable. "The most important thing we did is that we did take a part in the game. That's what I learned that day, on the last sports meeting of our Junior middle school life. And it also left me many wonderful memories.

指导教师:杨昕

作者: lspjy    时间: 2008-11-11 07:24

TheSportsMeeting

湖北武汉同济医科大学附中初三 张旻

It was a beautiful autumn day. We held our sports meeting. The sun was shining brightly, and the sky was blue. All of us were full of energy. When we reached the race court, we felt eager to join in the games. It was an exciting day. Like all middle school students, sports are dear friends to us. We couldn't wait to get over with the singing and dancing parts, and go straight to the games. Well, why not let me tell you a few things that had caught my heart and that I've remembered even till now.

The whistle sounded. The best runner of our class rushed out of the starting line, like an eagle flying into the sky. Oh, what the speed. He soon left others behind, far behind. I felt there was a beauty, the beauty of strength. When passing the finishing line, he cried out, "I won, oh yes; I won! "There was pride written on his face and there was happiness in his eyes.

But there was another. It was a quiet girl who joined in the Girl's 800 Meters. She wasn't so fast but she tried very hard. She ran and ran, doing her best. Destiny is a tricky thing. It won't even be generous to a girl like her. She fell down to the ground just before reaching the finishing line. There, I saw blood, so red on her bare ankles. Tears came down on her face. I thought she would give up. But no! She stood up again. Biting her lips, with her hurt ankles, with her hot tears, she kept on running. She came in last. I held her in my arms, trying to comfort her. She said lightly, "Min, I've lost". "No, you've won .'You're truly my heroine. "I said, holding her more tightly in my arms.

The last race was the race of teamwork, the relay race. My eyes followed our runners one by one, a stick by a stick. Holding my hands tightly, I didn't dare to take my eyes off them. In my heart,! said again and again, "Don't drop the stick, don't drop the stick. " Oh, the misfortune! The stick dropped onto the ground, and my heart sank with it. "No!", many voices called out. "Keep on running 1 "they shouted. I closed my eyes, unwilling to see our failure. "We won! We won!'" When I heard this, I opened my eyes and saw faces full of smiles. I felt happiness filling my breast. Big hot tears rushed down. I cried, cried with joy. For the first time I ever wept happy tears.

A wise man said: "Success is the fruit, but what we did for it is even more valuable. "The most important thing we did is that we did take a part in the game. That's what I learned that day, on the last sports meeting of our Junior middle school life. And it also left me many wonderful memories.

TheSeasonILikeBest

四川成都树德实验中学初三 班文娟

If someone asks me which season I like best, it's a hard ques-tion for me to answer. Because there are four seasons in a year. We can go for an outing in spring. In summer, we can go swim-ming. After summer, we can have a good harvest. We can go skating in winter. Anyhow I like spring best.

Spring is the most beautiful season in a year. The weather gets warmer, and the days get longer. Everything begins to grow. Trees turn green. At the beginning, they are light green. Each leaf seems to be cleaned by spring wind. Many kinds of flowers start to come out. They are colorful, red, yellow, orange and white. They give the earth a pretty coat. The fields and meadows are covered with fresh green grass. Rivers pass through the coun-tries and the cities quietly. Look! The swallows are coming back again. They are flying to the south in spring, because the weather is warmer in the south. At the same time, bears wake up from their long winter sleep. Cats begin mewing. Dogs begin barking. The forests are filled with the songs of birds. All the sounds on the earth are like music. Later, most of the animals will get mar-ried and have babies. New lives tell us that: this year is better than ever before.

I like spring very much because I can enjoy spring festival. In China, People celebrate spring's coming by spending spring festi-val. It is the most important festival in China. It isn't the same date each year. Usually, it comes between January and February. On that day, people clean and tidy their rooms. Because they think cleaning can make them forget all the unhappy things in the last year. In the shop, many people are busy looking for food and presents. In the evening, people have a big family get-together at home. Children wear new clothes. They get some money from their Daddy, uncles and aunts. They are the happiest. In North China, people often make dumplings before the Eve. Money looked like the dumplings in ancient time. Dumplings mean rich, so they like eating them. In South China, after tasting delicious food, people usually go to a flower market or watch CCTV pro-grammes. The programme is wonderful. At twelve o'clock, every-one welcomes the new year's coming. That's a peaceful night.

Now spring festival is coming again. Spring is coming, too. "Well begun is half done". I hope all of us can have a nice beginning in 1999.

点评:

Ban Wenjuan likes English very much. She often goes to the "English Corner "to practise her spoken English and she has made rapid progress. Through taking part in the" National Students Spoken English Competition", she realized that there was a long way to go before she could learn English really well.

TheSeasonILikeBest

四川成都树德实验中学初三 班文娟

If someone asks me which season I like best, it's a hard ques-tion for me to answer. Because there are four seasons in a year. We can go for an outing in spring. In summer, we can go swim-ming. After summer, we can have a good harvest. We can go skating in winter. Anyhow I like spring best.

Spring is the most beautiful season in a year. The weather gets warmer, and the days get longer. Everything begins to grow. Trees turn green. At the beginning, they are light green. Each leaf seems to be cleaned by spring wind. Many kinds of flowers start to come out. They are colorful, red, yellow, orange and white. They give the earth a pretty coat. The fields and meadows are covered with fresh green grass. Rivers pass through the coun-tries and the cities quietly. Look! The swallows are coming back again. They are flying to the south in spring, because the weather is warmer in the south. At the same time, bears wake up from their long winter sleep. Cats begin mewing. Dogs begin barking. The forests are filled with the songs of birds. All the sounds on the earth are like music. Later, most of the animals will get mar-ried and have babies. New lives tell us that: this year is better than ever before.

I like spring very much because I can enjoy spring festival. In China, People celebrate spring's coming by spending spring festi-val. It is the most important festival in China. It isn't the same date each year. Usually, it comes between January and February. On that day, people clean and tidy their rooms. Because they think cleaning can make them forget all the unhappy things in the last year. In the shop, many people are busy looking for food and presents. In the evening, people have a big family get-together at home. Children wear new clothes. They get some money from their Daddy, uncles and aunts. They are the happiest. In North China, people often make dumplings before the Eve. Money looked like the dumplings in ancient time. Dumplings mean rich, so they like eating them. In South China, after tasting delicious food, people usually go to a flower market or watch CCTV pro-grammes. The programme is wonderful. At twelve o'clock, every-one welcomes the new year's coming. That's a peaceful night.

Now spring festival is coming again. Spring is coming, too. "Well begun is half done". I hope all of us can have a nice beginning in 1999.

点评:

Ban Wenjuan likes English very much. She often goes to the "English Corner "to practise her spoken English and she has made rapid progress. Through taking part in the" National Students Spoken English Competition", she realized that there was a long way to go before she could learn English really well.

ThePowerofBelief

陕西西安铁一中初三年级 陈都

When I was 11 years old, I was told that I had skin cancer and had only 8 months to live. I was taken to the hospital and suffered a lot. My parents were so worried about me that they could hardly eat or sleep. I cried all the time, knowing that I was going to say good-bye to my friends and this world?forever. I was so scared. I wouldn't talk to anyone and I refused to take the op-eration, no matter what.

And then one day, a young doctor came along. She tried to talk to me. But for the first couple of weeks, I wouldn't even look at her. She then tried to play chess and watch TV with me. And gradually, it worked. After some time, though I still wouldn't talk, I took her as my friend.

Then one day she told me a story, in which a young girl saved herself from the jaws of a fierce crocodile. When she strug-gled back home, leaving a trail of blood behind her, nobody except herself thought that she was going to live on. I listened attentively through the details of her fight with death, my eyes swimming in tears. In the end, the girl miraculously triumphed over death with her strong will. When the doctor was finishing the story, she, looking directly at my eyes, said, "what saved the girl's life was nothing but her own belief. "Then she took me in her arms and murmured, as if to herself, “Belief. Yes, belief.” The faint but dis-tinct words struck me like a thunder from the blue sky. I cried out: "Belief is also the word for me!"

So,──I believed and I survived.

Three years have passed since then and I have realized that it is the strong will, rather the medicine alone, that has helped me conquer the cancer. And the strong will was implanted by the young doctor.

So I have made up my mind that I would become a doctor— a doctor who not only gives his patients medicine, but also gives them belief, gives them—hope.

ThePowerofBelief

陕西西安铁一中初三年级 陈都

When I was 11 years old, I was told that I had skin cancer and had only 8 months to live. I was taken to the hospital and suffered a lot. My parents were so worried about me that they could hardly eat or sleep. I cried all the time, knowing that I was going to say good-bye to my friends and this world?forever. I was so scared. I wouldn't talk to anyone and I refused to take the op-eration, no matter what.

And then one day, a young doctor came along. She tried to talk to me. But for the first couple of weeks, I wouldn't even look at her. She then tried to play chess and watch TV with me. And gradually, it worked. After some time, though I still wouldn't talk, I took her as my friend.

Then one day she told me a story, in which a young girl saved herself from the jaws of a fierce crocodile. When she strug-gled back home, leaving a trail of blood behind her, nobody except herself thought that she was going to live on. I listened attentively through the details of her fight with death, my eyes swimming in tears. In the end, the girl miraculously triumphed over death with her strong will. When the doctor was finishing the story, she, looking directly at my eyes, said, "what saved the girl's life was nothing but her own belief. "Then she took me in her arms and murmured, as if to herself, “Belief. Yes, belief.” The faint but dis-tinct words struck me like a thunder from the blue sky. I cried out: "Belief is also the word for me!"

So,──I believed and I survived.

Three years have passed since then and I have realized that it is the strong will, rather the medicine alone, that has helped me conquer the cancer. And the strong will was implanted by the young doctor.

So I have made up my mind that I would become a doctor— a doctor who not only gives his patients medicine, but also gives them belief, gives them—hope.

作者: 岁月    时间: 2008-11-29 11:09
学生英语习作选

欢迎光临 绿色圃中小学教育网 (http://lspjy.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.2